Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Afrikakorps cuff title

Article about: Greetings all, could I get some feedback on this cuff title? All looks good to me except the inside of the "O" has more of circular shape vs. oval compared to the original cufftitl

Default Afrikakorps cuff title

Greetings all, could I get some feedback on this cuff title? All looks good to me except the inside of the "O" has more of circular shape vs. oval compared to the original cufftitle in Adrian's thread. The pics are not the best but it's what I have to work with. The dealer offering this cuff title is very reputable but I know it's always best to vet each item.
    Afrikakorps cuff title
    Afrikakorps cuff title

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrikakorps cuff title
    P
    Many

Im not experienced in these but it doesn't look good to me. I'm basing my opinion off of the back weave on the backside of the letters. Im always willing to learn if Im wrong
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrikakorps cuff title  

Well spotted John It is indeed the diamond or tartan back fake ( depends which side of the pond you reside)regards Paul

Yes - well spotted John. I also think this is a fake. As well as the questionable rear weave, the front letters do not look right either.
    Here is mine as a comparison:
    AfrikaKorps Cuff Title for opinions

Nick

Unfortunately this is a reproduction as confirmed by members above..

I was unfortunate to pick one of these up many years ago prior to extensive reference material being available, so I use it as a tool to identify repro from original..

I am still looking for an original to add to my collection.. I'm in no real hurry though as other priorities are currently taking up much of my collecting time and efforts..

Smitty

Thanks for the help fellas. I am glad I posted the cufftitle before purchasing but unfortunately, someone else bought it obviously not aware it's a fake. I did message the dealer to inform him of the issue & I am sure he will refund the buyer and remove the listing as he's a well-respected dealer.

Goes to show you that even the absolute best dealers have fakes slip by on occasion.