Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Afrikakorps cuff title and bits?

Article about: Hi there, I've just got hold of these 3 items from a guy who's dad picked them up while serving in the royal artillery during the north africa, sicily and italian campaigns. Can anyone shed

Default Afrikakorps cuff title and bits?

Hi there, I've just got hold of these 3 items from a guy who's dad picked them up while serving in the royal artillery during the north africa, sicily and italian campaigns. Can anyone shed any light on them please? The afrika korps piece was sewn into a british army webbed belt which the previous owner then removed. Thanks alot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrikakorps cuff title and bits?   Afrikakorps cuff title and bits?  

Afrikakorps cuff title and bits?   Afrikakorps cuff title and bits?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrikakorps cuff title and bits?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Afrikakorps cuff title and bits?

Hi Jay, these are all very nice 100% original peices.

The Afrikakorps cuff title is a "textbook" example. When these were first issued many troops actually sewed them on in that manner, folding the tan cloth edges under. This was not the actual intended method of wear and later the troops sewed them in place leaving the tan edges on display.

See my pinned article about this cuff title.

The Luftwaffe eagle is taken from a tropical pith helmet. This can be determined from the direction of flight. Cap eagles face right.

The Heer eagle is taken from a schirmutze and is a late war item with edge prongs, most likely picked up in Italy.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for your reply Ade. I bought the cuff title and Herr eagle and the guy sent me the luftwaffe badge for nothing! I'm glad everything is original for once! Is there any reason why there are no rzm stamps on the badges? Thanks mate. Jay

Hi Jay, the RZM had only was concerned with the production of political insignia made for all branches of the Nazi Party. It had nothing to do with the production of military items.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi, All look good to me.

VonBond

Thanks for the great info Ade Jay.