Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Another tunic for opinions!

Article about: Hello forum, Sorry for posting so many tunics in such short notice, but this one is exactly what I’m searching for. I know it’s a salty piece, but that is how I prefer them anyways. It s

Default Another tunic for opinions!

Hello forum,

Sorry for posting so many tunics in such short notice, but this one is exactly what I’m searching for. I know it’s a salty piece, but that is how I prefer them anyways.

It should be an M40 infantry Tunic for an Obergefreiter.

Would very much appreciate Opinions on this one!

Regards,

Adravor

Another tunic for opinions!Another tunic for opinions!Another tunic for opinions!Another tunic for opinions!Another tunic for opinions!Another tunic for opinions!Another tunic for opinions!Another tunic for opinions!
    Another tunic for opinions!Another tunic for opinions!Another tunic for opinions!Another tunic for opinions!Another tunic for opinions!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another tunic for opinions!
    P
    Many

Hello,

The collar tabs are reproductions.

Fred

?

It seems some idiot once glued an adler to it, but a suitably salty replacement should cover most of it..
    A little careful work and patience in finding just the right insignia, and it would look great on a mannequin.

Far from the best example around, and definitely not investment grade, but for a hoary old combat tunic, it certainly has the look.. I like it (depending upon the price, of course - it would have to be very reasonable)!

P.S.: I’m curious to know what was cut out of the lining (just above the size stamps).

If i had to guess what was cut out, i would say a name. Would make sense at that place, and the lenght fits.

Hello,
    The more i look to the photos, the more i think that it is a modern reproduction for reenactors that has been reworked to look like the real thing, but some details don't lie. Markings are bad. IMO this one has seen some action, but in the 2000s....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Maybe the cut out piece then was a tag of the reproduction company? As said, i dont have any experience on these, and very glad about your help!

The 'moth' damage looks more 'picked' at than eaten.

I'm not a fan of those buttons. They look like the type I saw on reproduction uniforms in the late 90s/early 2000s. Neil

?

I'm no expert, but re-enactors often use textile glue to tack their insignia down before they sew it, especially Heer insignia that you have to fold, and I think that's what may be on the breast eagle area. Paired with the fact that the litzen are reproductions (And aren't they incorrect for this model tunic anyway? I thought those ones usually had backing and show up on the 1936 pattern tunics with the green collars) and as Neil says the buttons are too, I wouldn't trust it. Re-enactors often also artificially age tunics by putting rocks in the pockets and hosing them down, burning/shaving the nap, and leaving them out in the sun to bleach a bit, and this honestly looks a lot like the wear you find on those. Are we sure it's not a Sturm or something? May wanna get a look at the Waffenfarbe on the schulterklappen too, I've noticed a lot of repros struggle to get the correct type of weave.