MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Artillary officer tunic for review.

Article about: I bought this tunic from a member of one of the collectors forum. It has some good reviews and a few neg. The Neg. ones seem to come down that its a real tunic and the eagle and collar tabs

Default Artillary officer tunic for review.

I bought this tunic from a member of one of the collectors forum. It has some good reviews and a few neg. The Neg. ones seem to come down that its a real tunic and the eagle and collar tabs may have been re applied at some point. I have no working knowledge of these and sold one during the 08 crash due to money issues. My home is more important than my collection. I did not want to sell at all. But life is life. I have saved and wanted nothing special but a nice example of an artillery officers tunic. So I picked this one up after some older collectors said it was fine. But some persisted in saying they had doubts. I don't know any of these people in person so I can not weed out those who have to have an opinion on anything and those who are very knowledgeable collectors. So I have posted this on a few collector sites to see if I can get some kind of consensus.

I have no pictures of the back of the buttons, inside or close ups of the eagle and tabs. I will post when I get it in hand. The seller said this tunic had the dagger hanging system inside. I can post those when I get it. Here are some pictures of what he sent to me. thanks for any guidance. Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillary officer tunic for review.
    P
    Many

Can you post a link to your thread on this "other" forum?
    May be able to provide some insight on the members that have commented.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

IMO, you will never get 100% consensus on many of these items, especially tunics.
    I agree with most of the comments given , mostly by very knowledgeable members.
    I also believe the comment about the size, and the use of a form that is too large to display it correctly, could account for many of the negative comments.
    I speak only of the WAF thread, I have not read the other yet.
    You can see the tunic is "pulled" in many directions because of this, and it does not display it to it's full potential.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

So what is your opinion on this Tunic from the pictures posted? When I have it in hand I will post back of buttons and inside the tunic and close ups of the eagle and collar tabs.

The Tunic hit the USA so I should have it in a couple of days. I have 7 days to return it, so I will post pictures here as soon as I get it. Any advice on what and how the pictures should show?

OK, I got the Tunic today. Some things to my untrained eye I don't like, The eagle looks bad to me. The swastika is not symmetrical. I could very well be wrong so correct me if so. The color tabs look good to me but may have been applied after the war. I put a black light on the whole thing and nothing fluoresces, but for small pin head size spots all over the coat. No markings at all on the back of the buttons. Any pictures needed let me know. The gold shoulder board star looks like its new, The thread on the eagle is a gray silver thread not bullionArtillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review. Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.Artillary officer tunic for review.

Hello,
    The tunic itself looks ok to me from these photos, even if i'm a bit surprised that several different threads seem to have been used for the construction. The size seems rather small, the breast eagle is laughable, the shoulderboards were not applied by someone used to do it on a regular basis. In my opinion, it could be a stripped tunic or one that never receives any insignia, that was pimped. it's also tough to say if the dark green cloth was period or postwar added to the collar as it was done in the poorest way possible (even if it has two hooks), a thing sometimes seen on period modified tunics. I would send it back to the seller, better examples are out there...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks. I sent it back. The seller is upset and did not like all the neg posts he got on several sites. He told me to ship it back as no value or he would charge me. Saying he would get taxed. I can not ship it as no value if I have to go through my CC to get a refund that could cause an issue. Not sure but it sounds scammy. I did check the box that said it was a return so why would he get taxed? He said I was too rash and that I should have looked at it before I bought it. Maybe He is correct on the latter. But it looked not too bad in his photos. When I got it there were things I did not like such as no markings on the button backs. The sewn eagle that looks poorly done to name a few. If it was so righteous and he believed it why would he have a hard time taking it back?

Maybe he was the guy who put it together and thought the quality of his work would fool more people. Who’s to say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast