Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Artillery Waffenrock

Article about: Hey, can anyone ID this coat? I found it locally and wanted to pick it up and possibly complete the uniform. Sorry for the lousy pics in advance.

Default Artillery Waffenrock

Hey, can anyone ID this coat? I found it locally and wanted to pick it up and possibly complete the uniform. Sorry for the lousy pics in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery Waffenrock   Artillery Waffenrock  

Artillery Waffenrock  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillery Waffenrock
    P
    Many

Photo quality makes it very hard to comment. Interior photos will be needed as well. NH

Hello,

Just from these photos it appears to be an enlisted Artillery man's waffenrock. The collar tabs are incorrect and the breast eagle appears replaced. There are no shoulder boards and the shoulder seams have been sewn shut where they used to be.

Fred

I am supposed to go look at it tomorrow. Anything in particular to look out for?

Hello,

Take a look at the interior for markings and or tags. I wouldn't pay much for it due to the problems already pointed out. Take close up pictures of collar tabs front and under the collar, shoulder seams inside and out, breast eagle and interior portion of the lining where the breast eagle is sewn, and the cuff bars .

Fred

Its almost certainly an original stripped artillery tunic. The cost should be quiet low. I would want to look carefully at the condition, if its moth holed or the cloth is well worn. Its worth bearing in mind that restoring a tunic might not necessarily produce a satisfactory result, depending on your opinion. However, the insignia (breast eagle, collar patches and shoulder straps) should not be hard to find.

You will probably find a date mark on the lining, it will have a letter and a 1930's date, for Example E 37 (Erfurt 1937) or B 39 (Berlin 1939)

thanks for the heads up. I've had a mannequin torso at the house for a while now with nothing on it. He was only asking a couple hundred for it

Hello,

For 2 hundred dollars you can't go wrong with it in my opinion. Eagles, tabs, and boards are easy to come by.

Fred

I agree with Fred. It would make a nice display as long as you are OK with something that is reconstructed. You can add other items to fill it out and complete the display. You should add the proper insignia like the type in this photo. Obtaining a proper belt and visor cap can be next on your list.
    If you pick it up, please follow up with posts of your progress. NH (Photo from Military Antiques Stockholm).
    Artillery Waffenrock

Just to note the belt shown in the above photo is incorrect for an enlisted man or NCO, it being an Officers belt.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast