Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with Edelweiss cloth insignia

Article about: Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and thoughts on authenticity please. I bought this from the same dealer and would appreciate any comments good or bad please. Once again, many thank

Default Assistance with Edelweiss cloth insignia

Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and thoughts on authenticity please. I bought this from the same dealer and would appreciate any comments good or bad please. Once again, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Edelweiss cloth insignia   Assistance with Edelweiss cloth insignia  

Assistance with Edelweiss cloth insignia   Assistance with Edelweiss cloth insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Edelweiss cloth insignia
    P
    Many

Keith,

This Gebirgsjäger (Mountain Troops) Edelweiss looks good to me. It is embroidered on green felt/wool material and the backing I believe is consistent with some of the cloth insignia of the Third Reich period. There are numerous variations in regard to the yellow center (9 pieces 10 pieces, etc. depending on the maker.) and thread colors.

There is also a black felt/wool version worn by SS troops.

Regards,

Smitty

It's a nice looking badge.

The only machine embroidered badges that I have seen/owned that I know to be genuine do not have the reinforced backing cloth so this would be a new one on me.

Below are some pictures of the reverse of some machine embroidered badges.

Assistance with Edelweiss cloth insigniaAssistance with Edelweiss cloth insigniaAssistance with Edelweiss cloth insigniaAssistance with Edelweiss cloth insignia

All the best
    Doug

Thank you Gentlemen for your input and expertise. The genuine ones are scare in my collection, its good to see something nice is real for once. Many thanks.

Hello,
    I see no problem with this patch, it's the embroidered version meant for private purchase tunics.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)