Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Attic Fresh Wehrmacht Tunic

Article about: I was recently talking with a neighbor of mine, and our conversation at one point shifted to my militaria hobby. She told me her father served in Europe during WWII, and he had brought back

Default Attic Fresh Wehrmacht Tunic

I was recently talking with a neighbor of mine, and our conversation at one point shifted to my militaria hobby. She told me her father served in Europe during WWII, and he had brought back a Nazi uniform. She told me the uniform always creeped her out, so she put in a bag in her attic. She told me I was more then welcome to
    Look for it if I wanted to.

Well today was the day I went looking for it, and I’m happy to report that I actually found the thing!

The uniform was crumpled up in a bag with her fathers U.S. dress jackets. Her father served with the European civil affairs division. He also had a 7th army patch on his jacket too. She wanted to keep her fathers uniforms as they were special to her "Which I completely understand" but she was willing to work a deal with me for the German uniform.

In exchange for helping her around her house with various chores/projects, she’s letting me have the uniform. I just brought the uniform back home and.... wow... I’m still in shock over this whole thing. It’s a beautiful uniform, and I will definitely take good care of it.

PS- the tunic is pretty wrinkled due to how it was stored. Any thoughts on what I can do to get rid of the wrinkles? Or maybe I should just leave it as is?

Attic Fresh Wehrmacht TunicAttic Fresh Wehrmacht TunicAttic Fresh Wehrmacht TunicAttic Fresh Wehrmacht Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Attic Fresh Wehrmacht Tunic
    P
    Many

Nice!
    An Infantrie Der Spiess tunic.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

What an incredible find, Very cool!

TWS
    ?

That's a great reward! I need to ask my neighbors if they need some chores done around the house.

The tunic appears to most likely be a converted former Waffenrock (parade tunic). An in-hand inspection would confirm, but German WWII era Heer tunics almost never had a waist seam except for Waffenrocks.

As Ralph pointed out, it has the twin rings of Tresse - nicknamed "Kolbenringe" or piston rings - around the lower sleeves.
    Those denote the position of Kompaniefeldwebel or "Spieß" per the nickname.

Congratulations!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    That's a great reward! I need to ask my neighbors if they need some chores done around the house.

The tunic appears to most likely be a converted former Waffenrock (parade tunic). An in-hand inspection would confirm, but German WWII era Heer tunics almost never had a waist seam except for Waffenrocks.

As Ralph pointed out, it has the twin rings of Tresse - nicknamed "Kolbenringe" or piston rings - around the lower sleeves.
    Those denote the position of Kompaniefeldwebel or "Spieß" per the nickname.

Congratulations!
    Thanks for the thoughts Todd! I really appreciate it. Interesting observation on the waist seam too. If I posted more photos of the tunic could we possibly tell if its a converted example?

I´m not gonna lie, i´m jealous! I want to find something like that in an attic! Fantastic tunic, love it.

?

amazing find!!! congrats

Nice one, chuck it on a dummy bust for a while to flatten it out

TWS
    ?

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts Todd! I really appreciate it. Interesting observation on the waist seam too. If I posted more photos of the tunic could we possibly tell if its a converted example?
    You're welcome.
    A few things to examine:
    1. Check the patch pockets to see if the material is a 100% match to the body of the tunic. Although I have one that is expertly converted and the material is about a 99% match so it can be hard to tell if painstaking care was taken at the time to match the material.
    However, on your tunic I can already see that some extra stitching has occurred when forming the lower pockets.

2. Check the rear skirt to see if the is evidence of the Waffenrock buttons having once been there.

3. Check the cuffs to see if there is evidence of either removal of the waffenrock ornamentation or outright replacement of the cuffs.

That's just off the top of my head, but you can look at good photos of a Waffenrock and then look at corresponding areas of your tunic to see if alterations have been carried out. And I forgot to answer your question: You can hang the tunic in the bathroom when you take a hot shower. The steam may reduce some of the wrinkles and then let the tunic completely dry before hanging back in a closet, etc.

Here's a tunic of mine that was converted to a piped walking out (for a Spieß as well) from a Waffenrock. It's the black-piped Pionier example. You can click on it to zoom in and zoom around on it.
    High ranking Heer NCO piped walking out tunics.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

If anyone deserved to find something like this it is you!

Congrats. It's beautiful. Personally I like the fact that it may be converted from something else. It's different, and I like items that are different.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast