Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Authenticity of Tunic?

Article about: I was offered this tunic but I was unsure it is was a real one or not. Are there any ideas on it? Thoughts?

Default Authenticity of Tunic?

I was offered this tunic but I was unsure it is was a real one or not. Are there any ideas on it? Thoughts?

Authenticity of Tunic?Authenticity of Tunic?Authenticity of Tunic?Authenticity of Tunic?Authenticity of Tunic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authenticity of Tunic?
    P
    Many

JPhilip, I defer to you, as otherwise, we end up wasting too much energy on details that don't answer the question being asked, and I'm already too busy in the Pacific Front.

TWS
    ?

Better photos are needed. Much better. But I tend not to like it based on what can be gleaned from these poor photos. It appears to be an "M41" (6 button front) with green collar added. That was not uncommon and in fact was a popular modification. However, from what little can be told from the photos the exterior appears to be a issue tunic but yet is has a (strange) tailor's label and unusual lining configuration for even a tailor-made piece. Almost taking shots in the dark, however, due to the photo quality.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

From the photos so far it looks okay

A totally fake label in the pocket dooms the jacket simply by its intention to deceive. Just run away and look for an issue uniform instead.

Agreed - horrid photos, red flags present. I would still like to see better photos. NH

TWS
    ?

Quote by humble collector View Post
    From the photos so far it looks okay
    Dude, it's far from okay. The only reason I was gentle in my post is because the photos are so poor. They hint at a suspected piece of junk and I suspect good clear photos would reveal a confirmed piece of junk.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I appreciate the replies! These are the best photos I can get as they are from someone else who is trying to sell it to me and he is accepting $300.
    It doesn’t look right to me either AND that’s a fishy price to accept.