Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bergschuhe - Your opinion please

Article about: Dear all, I have been offered this pair of Bergschuhe for sale. Personally I like it but would like to have your opinion on it. Also, any more info on this particular model would be greatly

Default Bergschuhe - Your opinion please

Dear all,
    I have been offered this pair of Bergschuhe for sale.
    Personally I like it but would like to have your opinion on it.
    Also, any more info on this particular model would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you very much in advance for your help.
    Maiko

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bergschuhe - Your opinion please
    P
    Many

Hello,
    They're original standard Gebirgstruppen boots...that have recently received some leather treatment...and shine like never...
    Not sure what else you would like to know about them...they're standard...with flat irons on the sides for the skis...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank you so much for your reply, JPhilip.
    Actually I was wondering if that particular model was known to be a late war production or not especially. It does not have the semi-circular piece of leather on the rear of the shoe that is commonly seen on many other models.
    Also, I know that some had three pairs of holes, then three pairs of hooks and then again one pair of holes on the front for laces. These boots have only holes.
    Thank you
    Maiko

Quote by Maikowski View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply, JPhilip.
    Actually I was wondering if that particular model was known to be a late war production or not especially. It does not have the semi-circular piece of leather on the rear of the shoe that is commonly seen on many other models.
    Also, I know that some had three pairs of holes, then three pairs of hooks and then again one pair of holes on the front for laces. These boots have only holes.
    Thank you
    Maiko
    Bear in mind, many boots were made under contract in other countries such as czechoslovakia etc. So variation amongst equipment is actually quite vast, especially when it comes to low-boots. Bergschuhe often differ in the square vs rounded toe, and the addition or lack of an external heel plate (similar to the regular heer lowboots variants too). Main thing to look out for, is an additional reinforcing leather strip at the top of the welt, which secures the sole more to the toe, and the fieldgrey (sometimes brown, or even canvas) strip at the ankle, which seems to be entirely unique to German mountain-boots, and some latewar lowboots.

- - ------- - -

Quote by angus1235 View Post
    Bear in mind, many boots were made under contract in other countries such as czechoslovakia etc. So variation amongst equipment is actually quite vast, especially when it comes to low-boots. Bergschuhe often differ in the square vs rounded toe, and the addition or lack of an external heel plate (similar to the regular heer lowboots variants too). Main thing to look out for, is an additional reinforcing leather strip at the top of the welt, which secures the sole more to the toe, and the fieldgrey (sometimes brown, or even canvas) strip at the ankle, which seems to be entirely unique to German mountain-boots, and some latewar lowboots.
    Just noticed i'm a couple years late, but I hope this info helps anyway