Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Brunswick Skull for Review

Article about: I just snagged this Brunswick Traditions skull on ebay for a fraction of what they normally sell for. It looks fine to me but it was being sold as a possible reproduction. I compared it to t

?

Default Brunswick Skull for Review

I just snagged this Brunswick Traditions skull on ebay for a fraction of what they normally sell for. It looks fine to me but it was being sold as a possible reproduction. I compared it to the example I have in my collection and it looks identical. Needless to say I took a chance and bought it without vetting before it disappeared. Once I receive it I'll be able to compare the dimensions, material, and construction. In the meantime, all opinions and thoughts are welcome.

Thanks, Al

Brunswick Skull for ReviewBrunswick Skull for Review

Compared to my other Badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brunswick Skull for Review
    P
    Many

?

Saw that one...price mixed with amount of finish made me hesitate, as I haven't much experience with these yet and have only just started studying them to hopefully add one to me traditions badge collection in the near future. I learned long ago it's dangerous for me to buy too quick...hopefully you got a good snag!

MAP
    ?

I'm totally out of my element here but the teeth look different
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

At first look I don't see anything wrong but If this one is much heavier than the one you have then It's a bad sign, these should be very light.

?

Quote by Brig View Post
    Saw that one...price mixed with amount of finish made me hesitate, as I haven't much experience with these yet and have only just started studying them to hopefully add one to me traditions badge collection in the near future. I learned long ago it's dangerous for me to buy too quick...hopefully you got a good snag!
    Thanks Brig, I was pretty confident it was a good one but of course the price cast doubt. The amount of finish is pretty normal in many of these badges. I figured it was worth the gamble for a big gain vs a relatively small loss. I'll keep you posted. Thanks. Al

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'm totally out of my element here but the teeth look different
    I agree that the teeth look a bit different, more pronounced but I think that has more to do with the angle of the photo. I'll do a side by side when it arrives.
    Thanks, Al

?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    At first look I don't see anything wrong but If this one is much heavier than the one you have then It's a bad sign, these should be very light.
    Thank you Sid, I agree that everything looks in order. I'll weigh it for comparison and post more photo's.
    Thanks, Al

?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and opinions. Here it is compared to another one listed on the Grffen website. It looks identical with the exception of the Neusilber finish.

These are definitely not identical, many subtle small differences all over the piece. One example, when looking at the front, the lower left bone is noticeably different. Look at the split in the bone compared to the piece with the red background. The direction of the split of red skull is tending towards the horizontal, the grey skull continues at a slight diagonal. The grey left cheekbone is very different from the red skull, the teeth, the nose, the bones, the rope around the bones, the eye sockets, etc.

?

Cheek bones look different in all of them, but as you said, variants existed. The amount of metal between the nostrils is noticeably wider on your latest acquisition, that stood out to me originally, as well

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast