Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone help identify thse two uniforms. I dont think they are th same ROA?

Article about: The top photo is certainly POA.

?

Default Can anyone help identify thse two uniforms. I dont think they are th same ROA?

Can anyone help identify thse two uniforms. I dont think they are th same ROA?Can anyone help identify thse two uniforms. I dont think they are th same ROA?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone help identify thse two uniforms. I dont think they are th same ROA?
    P
    Many

The top photo is certainly POA.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks .. And would you know the rank?

Hello,
    The rank is ефрейтор (Gefreiter or Corporal).
    The specific shoulderstraps are pointed and larger than their german counterparts. The collar insignia are also specific.
    The lighting on the photo does not allow us to see the breast insignia, Adler or specific Osttruppen breast "wings" ?

On the right, he wears a Feldbluse 1933 modified 1943 with standard Litzen, straight pants and ankle boots that look like mountain examples (due to the cleating).
    Nice photos
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thank you ever so much for your help in identifying the uniforms.

The photos are actually of my father. Unfortunately he passed away in 1982, years before we really had chance to talk about his experiences in the war.

He was in the RAO but finish the war in 1945 in Italy. He must've been taken prisoner by the Americans and Brits or the Poles.

He enrolled into the Polish second car in July 1945.

Quite how he ended up in Italy I have no idea. Would anyone be able to help me establish what his movements might have been? I have the information from the Ministry of Defence regarding his Polish service but it gives little information prior to this period before.

Are tehre any experts on the RAO out there?
    Merci