Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone ID these Eagles?

Article about: The two eagles are both on brown back grounds. The top one is metallic. It is brown on top of Feld grau. Are they DAK?

schnellmann
    ?

Default Can anyone ID these Eagles?

The two eagles are both on brown back grounds. The top one is metallic. It is brown on top of Feld grau. Are they DAK?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone ID these Eagles?   Can anyone ID these Eagles?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Can anyone ID these Eagles?

The top one is not DAK/tropical but an early issue Officers flatwire eagle worn on the conventional continental issue M36 Feldbluse.

The second is not a pattern I have seen before. I cannot say I am crazy about it.

Cheers, Ade.

schnellmann
    ?

[QUOTE=Adrian Stevenson;103341]The top one is not DAK/tropical but an early issue Officers flatwire eagle worn on the conventional continental issue M36 Feldbluse.

The second is not a pattern I have seen before. I cannot say I am crazy about it.

Cheers, Ade.[/QUOTE Ade - Actually I have 2 of these. they are very slightly different. Even the wool is different. What do you think? Repro? Legit?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone ID these Eagles?  

I don't know.

They might be Italian made if original. But I am guessing here which is not really fair.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi,
    I can only agree with Adrian about the second (&3rd) eagle, as a type I do not recognise and I expect they are copies.
    The flat wire is as Adrian said, early type for officers, but I would add that this type is also used by EM's and NCO's for the dress tunic, such as an Ausgehrock or a Waffenrock.

VonBond

?

I agree with above comments. The eagle above is an early pattern. I never saw the bottom one but I'd rule out it could be an italian made eagle.I have one in my collection and they are different