MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone tell anything from these pics???

Article about: These are two Pic's of my Great uncles Otto and Fritz Plontasch. They both served with the Heer, I was told one of them was a combat medic. Can anyone with more knowledge than myself tell an

?

Default Can anyone tell anything from these pics???

These are two Pic's of my Great uncles Otto and Fritz Plontasch. They both served with the Heer, I was told one of them was a combat medic. Can anyone with more knowledge than myself tell anything from the uniforms as to what unit, or branch if service they were in, one has a number on his epilept, thats the only thing we have to go on!!!

Any help would be appreciated, I know I haven't given you much to go on.

One was KIA in Russia near Pochov, the other is MIA.Can anyone tell anything from these pics???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone tell anything from these pics???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone tell anything from these pics???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Can anyone tell anything from these pics???

Sorry about the pics coming up so big
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone tell anything from these pics???  

Hello,
    According to your pics, the Sanitäter would be the man on second photo, with dark blue piping on both shoulderstraps and EM visor cap. It is hard to read the number on the first man's shoulderstrap...perhaps a white 23 for 23. Infanterieregiment (Litzen at the collar look white as well).
    I hope it helps

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Looking at the original photo it is 23, but he doesnt seem to have any piping on the shoulder boards. It is very hard to find info on these blokes as my grandmother, their sister, destroyed all documents when she moved to Australia. I know that one of them has been found in a field grave near a feild hospital location but his grave has not been moved to a cemetery, I got this info from the german war graves commision and they said a lot of info is still coming in from the old USSR, so I am still waiting out. All I know he was killed near Porchov (excuse my spelling). They were both born in a place called Alten Seidel, which is now in Poland. would love to know more, or wether there is a war memorial somewhere in Germany with their names on it......The reason I posted here was becuase someone may see more in these photos than I do!

Hello,
    These shoulderstraps are early ones, made between 1933 and 1938 only. They're pointed and have no piping, the branch of service being shown by the color of the numeral, here white for Infanterie.

You'll find more infos and photos about 23. Infanterieregiment in this link :

Infanterieregiment 23 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

It is always hard to find some infos about relatives when the docs have been destroyed and when remaining relatives don't remember a lot or don't want to talk about the war...

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)