Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Collar Tab help

Article about: Greetings! My first post here and I hope that you'll allow me to benefit from your expertise in this area. First a quick background to what I need help with. I play the game WWII Online whic

TeufelX
    ?

Arrow Collar Tab help

Greetings!

My first post here and I hope that you'll allow me to benefit from your expertise in this area.

First a quick background to what I need help with. I play the game WWII Online which is a MMO recreating the war in the west aprox 40-42. In this game I'm a member of the squad 116th Panzer Div. "Der Windhund" for whom I do a lot of graphic work ( I design all their awards etc). My latest project is to design all the insignia so that each player can have their rank on their personal (Honor Roll page) (Look at my page, "TeufelX" for an example of insignia and medals). I'm doing this in Photoshop as layers so I can keep the parts and recreate any rank and branch with ease and I'm trying very hard to make it look legit.
    I think I've got the Heer/Panzer collar tabs down, but still need the dimensions and angle of tilt for the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine tabs. Also have some related questions I hope your knowledge will help me answer.

OK,now to my questions (this time ).

1. What are the dimensions of the Luftwaffe tabs (+angle of tilt)
    2. Same for Kriegsmarine
    3. I've seen a lot of piped Heer tabs, when should a tab be piped with waffenfarbe? (any particular time, ranks, branch?)
    4. I've seen Litzens backed by tabs in waffenfarbe, when would this be used?

I love doing this research as I'mlearning a lot allong the way and hopefully some day I'll be able to put it to use for my own collection.
    Anyway, thanks in advance for all help!
    Last edited by TeufelX; 01-20-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Misspelled URL, grr ;)

2. # ADS

TeufelX
    ?

Default Re: Collar Tab help

Never mind the kriegsmarine stuff for now. I realy need the size of Luftwaffe tabs though, please help me!

?

Default Re: Collar Tab help

Luft tab angles approx 70° x 110° to denote rank, Collar Patches for officers 4.2cm wide by 6cm deep edged in twisted piping.
    Stiched into the corners of the collar approx 0.8cm from the edge of the tunic collar, long edge of the patch parallel with length of the collar, short side along the width of the tunic collar.
    Believe above to be correct, hope it helps!