Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Collar Tab with TK

Article about: Hello War Relics Members, I recently purchased a single colar tab with totenkopf on it. I researched a bit on this forum to compare a few things that would point me in the right direction. I

Dos
    ?

Default Collar Tab with TK

Hello War Relics Members,

I recently purchased a single colar tab with totenkopf on it. I researched a bit on this forum to compare a few things that would point me in the right direction.

It was a bit of a gamble on my part, but i hope it turns out well.

It should be a Panzer Devision collar tab. Correct me if im wrong, And does it look like its authentic?

The thing i am most concerned of is the Zinc pest it has. Maybe you guys got some good tips to clean it and stop this?

I've found out that a tooth brush and some vaseline can do alot. I dont really want to detach the totenkopf from the tab, So maybe i should mask the tab when cleaning?

Any other information on this tab, Or how to clean it would be much appreciated

Collar Tab with TKCollar Tab with TK

Unfortunately i dont have any good quality photo's at the moment, since i dont have it yet.

Best regards,

Dos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar Tab with TK
    P
    Many

I hope you did not pay a lot of money for it because I believe it is a total fake.
    I don't like the totenkopf or the construction of the tab.
    Here is an original with a late war three prong skull to compare. (different waffenfarbe though).
    Ralph.

Collar Tab with TK
    Collar Tab with TK
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Dos
    ?

Sad to hear its a no good from you're opinion. I did have my doubts about the tab aswell, but such corrosion / zinc pest on the Tk is hard to replicate i think? Maybe its some kind of older fake then..

Do appreciate you're expertise!

I do have some options to go thru when it will arrive.

I will wait for some other opinions if they come..

Thanks Ralph!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I am pretty sure the skull is a fake as well.
    The appearance of zinc pest is not difficult to create using chemicals, and possibly burying it in the ground for a period of time.
    Here is an original late war two prong skull to compare what yours should look like.
    Ralph.

Collar Tab with TK
    Collar Tab with TK
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Dos
    ?

No need to say sorry for being the bearer of the bad news. Me and hopefully others learn from such things!

Thanks for the comparison photo of how a TK should look like.

I dont have any high hopes that it will look the same when i can do an in hand inspection, But its something

"Update", Atleast i got my money back..,
    Last edited by Dos; 04-30-2020 at 12:20 AM.