Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A couple of shoulder boards for review - GD and Panzer

Article about: Still digging through some insignia pieces, I came across these two shoulder boards - any opinions would be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance, and a Merry Christmas to all member

?

Default A couple of shoulder boards for review - GD and Panzer

Still digging through some insignia pieces, I came across these two shoulder boards - any opinions would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance, and a Merry Christmas to all members!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of shoulder boards for review - GD and Panzer   A couple of shoulder boards for review - GD and Panzer  

A couple of shoulder boards for review - GD and Panzer   A couple of shoulder boards for review - GD and Panzer  

A couple of shoulder boards for review - GD and Panzer   A couple of shoulder boards for review - GD and Panzer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A couple of shoulder boards for review - GD and Panzer
    P
    Many

Hello Pat,
    I like the construction of the Panzer one and the GD board looks okay to me as well but, I can't help you with the GD cyphers.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sadly these are both bad.

The Pz board is fake from the late 1970's / very early 80's. They are convincing I know because I had a pair...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    Ade is right, they're both bad....especially the GD one. At least the panzer one has convincing buttonholes, but that's all...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks everyone for clearing that up, so older generations of copies then! The fact that in hand they do have 'age' being what prompted me to post them, they certainly don't scream being new at you.

Thanks again!

CBH
    ?

I wasn't a big fan of the GD cypher , I believe they are much wider on originals .