Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

CTF's Uniform Collection

Article about: Courtesy of my cross-town friend, a Panzer waffenrock for a reserve Hauptmann attached to a Panzerzug (armored train)--it is as mint as the day it was made:

That's impressive!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CTF's Uniform Collection
    P
    Many

Probably the rarest 'rock in existence:

The OKW/OKH Waffenrock has been, until now, unknown to exist. This Waffenrock is rarer than the Heer generals Waffenrock, or the Grossdeutschland officers Waffenrock (I have only seen reproductions of this one), as well as the general staff officer Waffenrock, etc.

This mint OKH Waffenrock is named to Oberst Ludwig Gottschalk, a front-line officer from 1914 to 1918. He served in the Pioneers, and then a Minenwerfer officer. Collar litzen are meticulously embroidered gilt wire on carmine, with a twisted gold cord (chapel) fastened on top of the litzen, giving a three dimensional effect to the collar and litzen. This Waffenrock was made in 1938, the year Gottschalk appointed to the General Staff. The general staff trousers, of pre war quality, are named and dated 1942.

For his W.W. I service, Gottschalk is awarded the Ritterkreuz des Kgl. Hausordens v. Hohenzollern m. Schwertern, I.C. 1st and 2nd, Black Wound badge, and 6/7 feldspange decorations, according to the sewn loops and longer “rub” of the horizontal feldspange pin. He was awarded the KVK 2nd and KVK 1st with swords, in 1944.

Interestingly enough, he serves three days Kaserne arrest for over-staying his home leave, and has a permanent black mark in his file for a “relationship” with another officers wife. He last promotion is to colonel, in 1944.

For visual impact and color, this OKH Waffenrock is unique.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Holy smokes... I need to submit an application to wherever your ctf works so I can pay for this caliber of collecting. That is a hell of a piece.

My friend also dabbles in Freikorps--here Oberland:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

Waffenrock of Rudolf Ritter von Xylander, from one of the legendary German military dynasties. His father and grandfather were generals in the Bavarian army. Rudolf was awarded the Max Joseph Order, Knights Cross of the Order of Hohenzollen, Knights Cross of the Wurttemberg Crown with Swords, Knights Cross of the Order of St. Albrecht with Swords, Commander of the Crown of Italy, etc., etc., and lastly, War Merit Cross, second class, with this ribbon in his button hole. Waffenrock has five badge loops and a seven inch plus feldspange loops.

Waffenrock has been in two collections since it was brough back, post WWII. The Waffenrock label reads 1936 as Oberst. In 1942, Rudolf was made General Major z.V. Judging by the fine microscopic stitch work on the Larisch generals tabs, this upgrade was done by the original tailor. In anticipation of another rank promotion, or one more rank promotion on retirement, a large frosted pip for Lt. General, was added to each board.

Waffenrock came with the original generals aiguilette, and long generals brocade belt with frosted/plated buckle. Brocade belt is of a huge length, probably able to fit Lizzo. Note photo of father in 1915 – dimensions and girth are the same for both.

Last photo shows Ritter von Xylander wearing the Bayr. Max Josef Order in his buttonhole. Thanks to Todd for the correct ID.

Wow, what a stellar ensemble... those collar patches are just superb....

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Wow, what a stellar ensemble... those collar patches are just superb....
    Bob, agree 100%--the eagle is one of the best I have ever seen--note the fletching on the breast:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection  

TWS
    ?

Another jewel in the crown of CTF and his fabulous collection.

Thanks for keeping my honorable mention in the post. I helped CTF with the research.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

That breast eagle is also stunning, a magnificent tunic all up.

Bob

& another angle of my friends collection:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection  

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast