Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

CTF's Uniform Collection

Article about: Courtesy of my cross-town friend, a Panzer waffenrock for a reserve Hauptmann attached to a Panzerzug (armored train)--it is as mint as the day it was made:

Simply incredible uniforms

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CTF's Uniform Collection
    P
    Many

Prewar Kavallerie Waffenrock named to Ernst Rattenhuber, a July 20th resistance member, (and cousin of the head of the SS-RSD, Johannes Rattenhuber).

Per my CTF:

"A documented and named Kev. Waffenrock of one of the active 20 July plotters, Ernst Rattenhuber. This Waffenrock is of the finest quality, mint, named to Oblt. Ernst Rattenhuber, on Sept. 1936. Ernst served in the 4 Chevaleger Regt. in WWI. He saw extensive action on the western front, and was wounded there. He was recalled to Kav. Regt. 17 in Sept. 1936 and served in this elite regt. throughout the war. Note his ribbon bar measures 5 inches and has one set of loops for Would Badge or I.C. first class. I am still researching all his decorations.

His function in the 20 July plot was to organize Heer response after the SS was neutralized by the 17 Kav. regt. plotters and loyal Heer units. After the failure of 20 July, Ernst would be brought before the High Court of the Heer, not the People’s Court, for trial. His first cousin, SS General and Police General Hans Ratttenhuber, also of Munich, was the head of Hitler’s person security force. Hans Rattenhuber reported to AH directly, and not to Reichfuhrer Himmler.

Due to the intervention of SS General Rattenhuber to save his cousin from sure death as one of the plotters, Ernst was accused of the lesser charge of “high defeatism” – also punishable by death. Hans was still being investigated by the High Court and Gestapo until the end of the war. With the end of the war, Ernst escaped death. His cousin, SS General Hans Rattenhuber, was turned over to the Russians and served 10 years hard labor. Surprisingly, the Russians did not execute him as he had committed war crimes against Jews/Russians in Russia."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

CTF's Uniform Collection  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Just superb....

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images CTF's Uniform Collection 

?

Amazing Waffenrock, what a collection!

Personally I value the history almost as much as 'the stuff', and I like 'the stuff' a lot!

Thanks to you and CTF for making the effort to share all of this with the Forum.

Best regards, Paul

Paid a visit to my cross-town friend today--unfortunately it is heard to get a good photo, due to the narrowness, but this gives an idea:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection  

General Staff Colonel:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection  

Pz 'rcok

Another row:

& another wall:

another angle:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast