Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Curious on this blouse

Article about: Hi, I'm looking for any opinions and information on this blouse. Are there any guides or posts that discuss and show the different variations? As always, you guys are a valuable resources, m

Default Curious on this blouse

Hi, I'm looking for any opinions and information on this blouse. Are there any guides or posts that discuss and show the different variations? As always, you guys are a valuable resources, much appreciated.

Lenny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Curious on this blouse   Curious on this blouse  

Curious on this blouse   Curious on this blouse  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Curious on this blouse
    P
    Many

?

Cool

These came in both green and blue as did the HBT flieger Blus.
    Mine is green with flak boards, it is mint. Here is also the Flieger Blus.
    Didn't find the photo of the markings inside.
    Sarge
    Curious on this blouseCurious on this blouse

Hello,
    It is an original Luftwaffe Drillich tunic...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Sarge View Post
    These came in both green and blue as did the HBT flieger Blus.

Hello,
    The Drillich Fliegerbluse also came in oatmeal color...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Thanks for the responses, it's nice to see that it's original. And now I know it's a Luftwaffe Drillich tunic. I had been told field blouse. Not to sound foolish, uniforms haven't been my thing in the past, what's the diff if any from a tunic and blouse? I love this site and the posts and response, it gives some amazing information and jumping off points to do additional online research.
    The tough part I find,with items like this, theres many variations and sometimes it's difficult to find an exact, which leaves the feeling of unsurity.

Thanks again, love the feedback and responses

Lenny

Lenny, Nice original. A Feldbluse is the German term for a field or combat jacket. The word Tunic is used frequently to describe the same items but I would not use it in this context. Tunics of a more recent vintge may be considered a bit more formal or decorative. They do have a long history in military and ceremonial use. The modern military uniform is much different and more practical. NH

?

Thumbs up

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    The Drillich Fliegerbluse also came in oatmeal color...
    Thanks
    Yep, I had forgotten about that version. That was the work uniform for digging ditches or working in the stables or what ever. The Heer had the same thing and most likely so did the SS.
    Forgot to say above that I also have the pants for the 4 pocket, also mint.
    Sarge

Quote by Sarge View Post
    Yep, I had forgotten about that version. That was the work uniform for digging ditches or working in the stables or what ever.

Hello,
    The oatmeal version was not used for digging ditches or working in the stables or any secondary work only, there are known photos reports where Luftwaffen troops wear this oatmeal for combat training. I perfectly remember one of them depicting the infantry of the Hermann Goering Division wearing it while having combat training in Italy (if i remember well). I wouldn't be surprised if some photos could show Luftwaffen troops wearing it during winter combat as sometimes seen in the Heer.
    Thanks

In Memoriam :