Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Customized and shortened tunic

Article about: I got this one yesterday, along with a pair of pants. I admit, I'm not sure if this is a put together or not. It looks cool for a display either way. It has been heavily shortened, designed

Default Customized and shortened tunic

I got this one yesterday, along with a pair of pants. I admit, I'm not sure if this is a put together or not. It looks cool for a display either way. It has been heavily shortened, designed to look like an American Ike jacket, with a very cool alteration I can't remember seeing anywhere else. It has two award loops on the breast pocket, giving me an excuse to buy some awards (which ones??). The shoulder straps and collar litzen are confusing me, and I'm 90% sure the straps are a later add on. The color is way off, and the black trimmed straps don't match the dark green litzen on the collar. I'm very inexperienced with German uniforms however, so I could be just overthinking it. Everything else seems okay to my untrained eye.

Any suggestions on strap replacements, or awards to put on the loops? Thanks!

Customized and shortened tunicCustomized and shortened tunicCustomized and shortened tunicCustomized and shortened tunicCustomized and shortened tunicCustomized and shortened tunicCustomized and shortened tunicCustomized and shortened tunicCustomized and shortened tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Customized and shortened tunic
    P
    Many

Well the collar Litzen is Luftwaffe and the insignia is an early version re-applied, as for the shoulder straps - they can be added at any time with any branch as the collar insignia is later war with no branch colour

?

There is nothing wrong with the colour of the Schulterklappen body cloth; it is what is known as ‘Russischerstoff’ (eked out with shredded Russian uniforms, giving it this distinctive brown shade), while the ‘Italienischerstoff’, has a notably grey-green colour.

The waffle-pattern tresse was originally used by the Heer, so it is not unusual to find in army use (I learned that from Todd)!
    As for copying the ‘Ike’ jacket... let’s not forget the British Battle Dress, eh?

Overall, I like it just as it is.
    Nice find.

Would anybody have any good suggestions as to what awards I can display on the loops?

Infantry assault and perhaps a wound badge Schwarz? Photo as suggestion. NeilCustomized and shortened tunic