Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DAK Shorts???

Article about: Back in August I found these shorts in a clothing thrift store. I thought that they might possibly be WW2 German. The only markings I found on them are a number "2" on the waist ba

?

Default DAK Shorts???

Back in August I found these shorts in a clothing thrift store. I thought that they might possibly be WW2 German. The only markings I found on them are a number "2" on the waist band, and a date of "1942" just below that. Markings are very light, and hard to get a good photo of, they look like ink stamps. They have wooden buttons on the front, and two slit pockets, one on each side. Are they DAK shorts, are they even German, or, are they just junk. I'd like to hear what others might think, I have no idea what they really could be, they only cost me a few dollars. Thanks for looking, Rob.

DAK Shorts???DAK Shorts???DAK Shorts???DAK Shorts???DAK Shorts???DAK Shorts???DAK Shorts???DAK Shorts???DAK Shorts???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Shorts???
    P
    Many

?

Hi, I Always thought that DAK shorts had a extra little pocket on the left side , and that they where a little shorter then this one.
    But knowing there are more models, it could still be a good one.
    Hope to read more opions.
    Hope that its a Dak for you.
    regards

The lack of a belt, watch pocket and rear pockets plus the darts in the back make me think another country. Perhaps Italian? Even if they are German I would not use the term DAK. Instead, I would use the term tropical. Many countries made tropical clothing for use in both desert and jungle areas. My guess is Italian - in which case - these would be great for a German display because I'm quite certain Italian material was used in large numbers - especially after 1943. NH

?

Thanks, for your comments, and opinions, guys. I guess tropical would have been the better term to use. The waist band is in two halves, and it is possible to slide a belt through, no belt present. They could be Italian, I never thought of that possibility. Thanks again, Rob.

?

Hi Rob,
    Not a model or pattern of German tropical shorts, or even cut down long trousers/breeches I know of...possibly field-made. Are they 'darts' I see on the rear under the waist-band?
    Regards,
    Mark

?

Question

Definately not German made.
    My first thought is Brit, then Italian?
    Sarge

Mark, It looks like there are two darts in the back. NH

?

I hate to ask, but, I don't know what "darts" are.....

"Darts" are where the material is pleated over and then stitched in place.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade is correct. Darts give a uniform a "smarter" appearance. The one thing that made earlier German Feldbluse look so good were the two darts in the rear that gave the waist a tighter appearance. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast