Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DAK/Tropical Breast Eagles

Article about: Hello Gents, I will much appreciate some info on the differences between these two breast eagles As far as i understand the yellowish background should indicate DAK/Tropical eagle. Also are

?

Default DAK/Tropical Breast Eagles

Hello Gents,

I will much appreciate some info on the differences between these two breast eagles As far as i understand the yellowish background should indicate DAK/Tropical eagle. Also are they good?

About the Litzens on the EM/NCO tunic. Could they be for some armored/motorized reconnaissance?

Thanks a lot for your time

Regards, Lars

EM/NCO

Officer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK/Tropical Breast Eagles
    P
    Many

Default Re: DAK/Tropical Breast Eagles

First one is DAK/tropical bevo eagle and the 2nd is a 1st pattern flatwire on tan, but is not tropical just one of the variations these were made in. I can't see the Litzen to comment on them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Sorry about that. Forgot to upload the pic It's up now. So the second one is not a tropical? The tunic belonged to a named officer serving in Afrika. Would there then be a 1st pattern DAK/Tropical eagle?

Regards, Lars

Litzen is standard generic tropical.

Officers either used the EM bevo eagle or a bullion or flat wire eagle.

First pattern eagles have a slightly plumper look to the bevo eagle and a slightly greener cast to the backing fabric.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK/Tropical Breast Eagles  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Thank you very much Jerry Helpful as always.

Just a few more questions on this. I know the early eagle pic is not the best, but what i have. Would this eagle have been used in DAK, even it's "just" a variant?

The white colour on the Litzens will indicate Infantry or would all DAK EM's wear this type of Litzen. I am asking because if i buy this tunic i will have to find epaulettes/shoulder boards for it.

Regards, Lars

Officers could use any eagle they wanted to, so it is possible for this type of eagle to have been sewn to an officers tropical tunic. The litzen are light blue and mustard yellow and are the only type of official issue tropical litzen for Em's, they did not use different colours for the different arms of service. Arm of service was denoted by the colour of the piping on the shoulder boards, except Panzer troops might also have TK's on the lapels and if he was a signaler, the colour of the blitz would denote the arm to which he was attached.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Thanks a lot. Here are the tunics. Just to get an overall picture/opinion. The M43 EM tunic is double the price of the Officers.

EM/NCO

Officer

Regards, Lars

The officers tunic is for infantry regiment 104 which was part of 21st Panzer division, though it is a tailored light weight tunic and not strictly tropical. The 21st Panzer div were part of the DAK. The 3rd pattern tropical is unlikely to have seen service in Africa as it looks to be mint & unused. Without knowing the prices being asked, it is hard to comment on that aspect of them.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Thanks again Jerry.

The M43 is in the 2000$ range at Oakleaf.

The private purchase is named to a person that can actually be researched. It's partly restored. Price is less than 1000$. 800 i think.

Regards, Lars

Very Informative

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast