Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband

Article about: Hello, I got this at a local show and I believe it is original but I havent messed with these armbands in a long time and would like to know yall's thoughts on it Thanks ​​​​​​

Thumbs up Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband

Hello, I got this at a local show and I believe it is original but I havent messed with these armbands in a long time and would like to know yall's thoughts on it
    Thanks
    ​​​​​​​John

Deutsche Wehrmacht ArmbandDeutsche Wehrmacht ArmbandDeutsche Wehrmacht ArmbandDeutsche Wehrmacht Armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband
    P
    Many

?

Looks like an orginal armband!

Hello,
    This Deutsche Wehrmacht armband is original, but i'm not so sure about the ink stamp...it looks a bit fishy to me
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

It looks original to me as well, the issuance stamp is illegible but they are found like this obviously. Here are a few pics of RAD men with the same type of band, some tend to think that any armband with a stamp marking is immediately bogus, and rightfully so, caution should be exercised when trying to make a determination of legitimacy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband   Deutsche Wehrmacht Armband  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

John,

Looks like a nice armband and as Gwar has pointed out about the ink stamp to exercise caution. I like this one..

Smitty

Definitely has all of the hallmarks of an original like others have said. The yellow fabric is right and the embroidery is textbook.

However, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if the stamp is postwar because you can find repro stampers online easily. Stamping an armband is a cheap & easy way to artificially increase the appeal of an armband and for that reason, I no longer buy stamped armbands because I personally don't like anything that has a possibility of being postwar altered in any way. That's personal preference of course but at minimum I wouldn't pay more for an armband just because it has a stamp. Like Gwar pointed out, armbands were stamped during the period but it's such an easy thing to fake these days.

These armbands are very common. I wouldn't pay more than $90. You'll see them in the $65 to $85 range quite often so no reason to pay more though I do see them go for more from certain dealers. Sometimes as much as $100+ but again, no reason to pay that much.

Also while i'm at it, notice the chain stitching across the top & bottom of your armband? That's 1 feature I have yet to see on reproduction armbands. That's the first thing I look for on Deutsche Wehrmacht, Hilfs-Krankentrager, civilians in service to the Waffen-SS armbands, & many other Wehrmacht armbands. However, it's not present on all Third Reich armbands. Party armbands & HJ armbands are a prime example of this.
    Last edited by captain20052019; 07-19-2020 at 03:38 PM.