Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Dienstrock Oberstleutnant tunic

Article about: Hello all,recently i decided to expand my collection beyond simply helmets,so i started looking for my very first uniform. It took me some time,but when i saw this uniform i was sure it's &q

?

Default Dienstrock Oberstleutnant tunic

Hello all,recently i decided to expand my collection beyond helmets,so i started looking for my first uniform.
    It took me some time,but when i saw this uniform i was sure it's "THE ONE"!And i'm quite happy that it ended up as my first German uniform!
    The tunic is a Dienstrock alter Art with 7 buttons,that belonged to an infantry Oberstleutnant.The overall condition is good with a few moth holes here and there.
    Insignia looks to me like it was period applied,the sewing of the shoulder boards is a bit sloppy,but i believe its ok.
    I do have some doubts that the collar tabs might have been reapplied..
    The lining used on them is the same one as on the medal loop underneath the pocket so i believe that is a good sign.
    There are loops for a 6 piece medal bar as well as loops for a DKIG on the right pocket and for 3 award on the left pocket.
    An odd thing are the paddings underneath the elbow.I haven't seen anything like that before.
    A big bonus is the that the tunic and the Pekuro visor pair up quite nicely!
    I'm hoping to hear your thoughts and feedback on the tunic!
    Thanks,
    Emanuil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dienstrock Oberstleutnant tunic   Dienstrock Oberstleutnant tunic  

Dienstrock Oberstleutnant tunic   Dienstrock Oberstleutnant tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstrock Oberstleutnant tunic
    P
    Many

?

Some detailed closeups of the insignia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dienstrock Oberstleutnant tunic   Dienstrock Oberstleutnant tunic  

?

So it turns out the tunic is totaly restored...I shall send it back and ask for a refund.
    I was even able to find pictures of how it used to look a few months ago...

Yikes! I know Heersvervaltung isn't as exciting as an infantry officer, but you just don't do that

?

It didnt cross my mind even for a second that someone would even consider doing that...
    But at least i was warned by a fellow member what to look for. Without that wqrning i would have never looked at the tunic so closely. I just hope this lesson wont cost me 1500 eur...

MAP
    ?

Keep the faith. This has happen to many, even advanced collectors. I have a draw full of awards that I bought years ago. All turned out to be fake. Expensive loss and initially discouraging for sure.

I do hope you can get your money back. Keep following up. Let us know how it goes.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Keep the faith. This has happen to many, even advanced collectors. I have a draw full of awards that I bought years ago. All turned out to be fake. Expensive loss and initially discouraging for sure.

I do hope you can get your money back. Keep following up. Let us know how it goes.
    Eventually all went well,the seller turned out to be a nice and honest fellow,and i got a full refund!
    Now i'm going to use the money to buy an honest summer majors tunic that i posted here.

MAP
    ?

Awesome. So happy to hear this.

I really liked the summer tunic. So hope you can swing the deal!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Such a shame that the integrity of the original HV tunic was destroyed to hump that one up into an Infantry Oberstleutnant.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."