Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Heer Insignia Questions

Article about: So I've been toying with the notion of assembling insignia displays for years...like 15-20 years...and am finally sticking my toes into the waters. Once upon a time I knew a bunch about part

?

Default Early Heer Insignia Questions

So I've been toying with the notion of assembling insignia displays for years...like 15-20 years...and am finally sticking my toes into the waters. Once upon a time I knew a bunch about particular patterns/models, but having been out of the hobby largely for a long time, I need to relearn.

I'd like to start with an early Heer Infantry setup...and am wondering if I have the correct type of insignia in mind. If I'm right, it should be:

-1st Pattern Cap Eagle/Wreath
    -Early Collar Tabs
    -1st Pattern (pointed) shoulder boards with no piping
    -M34 breast eagle
    -Right facing Eagle belt buckle

Images are gathered from around the web, I think they reflect the items listed above...if I'm missing anything, or mistaken, I welcome any corrections. Thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Heer Insignia Questions
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Should not be too hard. Although I do not see the belt buckles very often. Earliest TR Heer shoulder straps (boards are officers) if I remember correctly, were Feldgrau wool and not the badgecloth.

I collect early straps here and there. A few of mine:
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Thanks. Nice straps! It's about time I started assembling a few insignia displays

TWS
    ?

Quote by Brig View Post
    Thanks. Nice straps! It's about time I started assembling a few insignia displays
    Thanks. Word of warning, it can become an itch you find yourself scratching at shows whether you planned to or not.

I have more straps and boards scattered through my collection, but here are two riker mounts that are dedicated to them.
    Some are fairly mundane but of note are the ultra-early pointed Feldgrau pair, the Luftwaffe high command signals EM pair, and the Kavallerie Regiment 5 Rittmeister pair.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Very nice. Love the pair with skulls...as I also have started collecting divisional/traditions badges.

Years ago I started collecting straps, had about a dozen, but as I left the German side of the Hobby I sold all but three...don't regret it, as the ones I sold still aren't of interest, but I do agree it can get addicting, so I'm (trying) to play it smart and only work on a couple at a time. Right now, I'm wanted to build an early Heer infantry enlisted, GJR138 circa 1940 enlisted, and (the long, expensive one) GSSN

We'll see how far this rabbit hole goes