Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Feldbluse - ebay - more like fleabay

Article about: A novice collector sent me this photo of "Uniform Wehrmacht" for sale on ebay. It is now up to 300 Euros and is listed as private sale/no returns. Well, the buyer will want to retu

Default Feldbluse - ebay - more like fleabay

A novice collector sent me this photo of "Uniform Wehrmacht" for sale on ebay. It is now up to 300 Euros and is listed as private sale/no returns. Well, the buyer will want to return this rag once they get a good look at it. I advised the novice to invest in some books and do some more research before bidding on any ebay listing. Listed under villakunterbunt110569. Why would ebay allow a no return, bank transfer only sale like this one? Neil

Feldbluse - ebay - more like fleabay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldbluse - ebay - more like fleabay
    P
    Many

?

Always good to point these out. But you know someone will get duped with this and become a dissapointed.

For reference purposes, what has been posted is a very poorly altered East German Bluse with horrible fake aging. The Brustadler should be an officer quality type and that is just the beginning of how bad this looks. I would post other photos if there is interest in the details of this example but for experienced collectors this is a one look fake. And sadly, it appears someone is about to lose over 350 US on this rag. Neil

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    For reference purposes, what has been posted is a very poorly altered East German Bluse with horrible fake aging. The Brustadler should be an officer quality type and that is just the beginning of how bad this looks. I would post other photos if there is interest in the details of this example but for experienced collectors this is a one look fake. And sadly, it appears someone is about to lose over 350 US on this rag. Neil
    Yeah I've seen this guy sell these NVA tunics for quite some time. Can't believe he still has a 100% rating. I would like to note however that it's not impossible to see enlisted eagles on officer's tunics.

-Joel

Joel, I know there is evidence of EM/NCO insignia being worn by officers - you are correct. But why try to pass off a Bluse with dark green collar and French cuffs as an officer grade by putting a junky EM insignia on it? This guy is quite the rip-off artist who doesn't even try to make the item look good or convincing. I am puzzled as to why he has a 100 percent rating too. He should be removed from ebay!

MAP
    ?

Bank transfer only? That is always a massive red flag. Especially when buying off of EBay or other similar anonymous platforms. Once that $ is sent, you can never get it back.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Bank transfer only? That is always a massive red flag. Especially when buying off of EBay or other similar anonymous platforms. Once that $ is sent, you can never get it back.
    I've found that a lot of older German people only use bank transfer, because they are not familiar with Paypal and such, which is understandable. Just check the guy's rating and it should be fine. If anyone's scamming in Ebay, all it takes is one negative feedback to ruin their reputation forever.

-Joel

MAP
    ?

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    I've found that a lot of older German people only use bank transfer, because they are not familiar with Paypal and such, which is understandable. Just check the guy's rating and it should be fine. If anyone's scamming in Ebay, all it takes is one negative feedback to ruin their reputation forever.

-Joel
    Joel,

While I understand your point, I respectfully disagree.

Can we really tust ratings on EBay? This guy is selling crap and his rating is 100%. Sure he's selling to those who have no clue, but he's requiring bank transfer only for a reason. To prevent the return of money on his blatant fakes. If he gets caught? He can just open a new eBay account. We've seen this before.

Unless I know the person, I will never pay for something with a bank transfer. It is the primary tool for scam artists. We have seen cases where people steal photos of original items, pretend to be someone legit and require bank transfer only. Once the money is sent then "poof"...they are gone.

Sure there are legit sellers out there, but is it worth the risk?

Just my opinion of course.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Just for clarification as I know on Ebay even if the seller indicates an item is a no return item, if the item sold is found to be not as represented in the listing, the buyer does still have the right under Ebay rules to return the item for a full refund which I believe includes shipping costs.

?

Quote by sargetom View Post
    Just for clarification as I know on Ebay even if the seller indicates an item is a no return item, if the item sold is found to be not as represented in the listing, the buyer does still have the right under Ebay rules to return the item for a full refund which I believe includes shipping costs.
    Good luck on that ! Ebay doesn't even pay when the item is shipped to the wrong address, with proof, delivered is delivered to them, case closed, end of discussion !
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast