Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally have my hands on a waffenrock

Article about: Following on from my previous post about purchasing a Waffenrock, I purchased this one from a local collector. I personally think they're the most classy tunic of all uniforms. Very happy wi

Default Finally have my hands on a waffenrock

Following on from my previous post about purchasing a Waffenrock, I purchased this one from a local collector. I personally think they're the most classy tunic of all uniforms. Very happy with the condition of it, only thing is the award loop is broken (doesn't bother me too much though).

I've still got a lot of reading on the insignia and ranks of the German army to do, but this is an infantry NCO's frock. Next on my list is a nice Luftwaffe tunic or a Cavalry frock - have to save up again first though! .

Thanks for looking!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finally have my hands on a waffenrock
    P
    Many

One very nice jacket !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Well done !! I find it beautiful. Looks like a larger size which is a bonus. Most of these are so small.. difficult to button up on a mannequin or torso frame
    D.

Congratulations, it looks really good, great find.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Well done!
    Still waiting for my first one to come along...
    cheers
    Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thank you! It's now the pride of my collection Just need to get a mannequin to put it on display.

Quote by AusA380 View Post
    I've still got a lot of reading on the insignia and ranks of the German army to do, but this is an infantry NCO's frock.
    Yes; it's for an Unteroffizier (the lower of the two JNCO ranks) in an infantry unit.

I can't make out the regimental number on the shoulder boards, but the "10" on the shoulder board buttons is for the 10th company.

The Blitz on the left upper sleeve is for signals personnel.

It's a nice piece!

Hello,
    This is a nice Infantry Waffenrock, thanks for sharing with us.
    To me it looks 10. Kompanie of Infanterieregiment 82...
    As HPL mentioned, the arm Blitz is for signals personnel, but also for a Melder
    IMO instead of a mannequin, you should display it on a simple torso/bust as otherwise you also need to find piped parade pants...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

TWS
    ?

Looks like a nice example of a private purchase Rock. The patch means he's a qualified radio operator, "Funker" in German. Actual "signals personnel" would have lemon yellow branch piping. This is an Infantry NCO who was trained and qualified to be a radio operator.

Can you post a good shot of the shoulder straps? Is there a unit acceptance stamp on the lining? Usually inside the lower front skirt, but they get faded with age sometimes.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

On the risk of being pedantic: It's the trade badge for Truppennachrichtenpersonal, which precisely translates as "troops signals personnel" and referred to qualified personnel outside the Nachrichtentruppe, i.e. the signals branch proper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast