Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gebirgsjager M36

Article about: I am looking at picking up a gebirgsjager tunic and was hoping I could acquire some expert opinions on the item. From what I can tell it is soiled and salty and being represented as authenti

?

Default Gebirgsjager M36

I am looking at picking up a gebirgsjager tunic and was hoping I could acquire some expert opinions on the item. From what I can tell it is soiled and salty and being represented as authentic pre 1946 period. The edelweiss arm insignia looks to be reattached and I'm not sure about the other insignia. Has a maker tag (Fritz Funke & Sohn) on interior of left with dagger hanger with DRGM and the Assmann maker mark set on its side.

I believe the edelweiss was reattached because of the inconsistent soiling on the arm does not seem to cover the patch. The collar tabs and shoulder boards appear to be matching .

I appreciate any assistance with this tunic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjager M36   Gebirgsjager M36  

Gebirgsjager M36   Gebirgsjager M36  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjager M36
    P
    Many

All appears original. You will need in had to confirm the insignia. But I can see what you mean.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

nice tunic.

Hi , looks like a good original tunic , if the insignia has been "re-applied" they have found a good matching set in the same level of wear as the tunic. I like it! Leon.

Yeah, this is quite nice. If you can peek under the Edelweiss a bit perhaps that will tell you if it is original. Also, look inside the arm to see if there are traces of the patch being sewn on twice. I'd jump on it either way if the price is right. Iserlohn is in the North Rhine Westphalia area. NH

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , looks like a good original tunic , if the insignia has been "re-applied" they have found a good matching set in the same level of wear as the tunic. I like it! Leon.
    If you look around the edelweiss patch very closely, you will see there are areas where the soiling doesn't continue up to the borders. The tunics soiling is consistent almost through out all of it. However, the soiling is missing in said area which makes it appear something had been covering that portion up for most of this tunics life. Because of this, I'd say the edelweiss patch is possibly re-applied, too.
    Identifying whether a tunics insignia is period applied can be almost impossible, especially by photographs. So any sign, such as this, must be used and studied so that the correct assessment can be made.

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    If you look around the edelweiss patch very closely, you will see there are areas where the soiling doesn't continue up to the borders. The tunics soiling is consistent almost through out all of it. However, the soiling is missing in said area which makes it appear something had been covering that portion up for most of this tunics life. Because of this, I'd say the edelweiss patch is possibly re-applied, too.
    Identifying whether a tunics insignia is period applied can be almost impossible, especially by photographs. So any sign, such as this, must be used and studied so that the correct assessment can be made.
    That was my thought about the edelweiss insignia. There is a halo around it. Thanks for all the feedback so far. Any specific opinions on the eagle?

?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Yeah, this is quite nice. If you can peek under the Edelweiss a bit perhaps that will tell you if it is original. Also, look inside the arm to see if there are traces of the patch being sewn on twice. I'd jump on it either way if the price is right. Iserlohn is in the North Rhine Westphalia area. NH
    What do you think is fair for this tunic?

If the edelweiss patch is re-applied, I wouldn't make any judgment on the rest of the insigina being it's possible that, it too, could be re-applied. If you do buy this, make sure you receive an inspection period. Also, pictures of the stitching inside the armpits may prove helpful.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-28-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Note he has that side covered in this image and there is also no other image of that armpit. If I was selling a tunic, that would defiantly be something I'd provide for the buyer.
    Gebirgsjager M36
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-28-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast