Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German army sleeve edelweiss

Article about: Just received my beer edelweiss sleeve patch in the mail today. I’m putting together this with the cap badge and the SS mountain sleeve patch and hat badge. Wanted to get the groups though

Default German army sleeve edelweiss

Just received my heer edelweiss sleeve patch in the mail today. After seeing it. I am somewhat leery, I’m putting together this with the cap badge and the SS mountain sleeve patch and hat badge. Wanted to get the groups thoughts on this particular patch, thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German army sleeve edelweiss   German army sleeve edelweiss  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German army sleeve edelweiss
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Really sorry for not commenting sooner, there are so many threads to look after...
    There were variants as these embroidered Edelweises were produced by many manufacturers, please remember that embroidered examples are only meant for private purchase tunics and greatcoats. When issued, the latters received a woven BeVo Edelweiss, that's the regulation.
    This said, i'm not specialized in embroidered Edelweisses, even if i own three of them. The one you show in this thread is a variant i've never seen or a reproduction. The workmanship is poor, the ropes around the flower are very thin, some of the black thread circling different part of the flower is missing in some area.....honestly i do not a have a good feeling about this one and i'm also surprised that none of our members commented before i did.
    Sorry again, i'm trying to see as many threads as possible to in order to help our members out, but sometimes some of them slide through the cracks.
    Below is a photo of an original embroidered edelweiss from my collection, i unstitched it from the relic of a private purchased Feldbluse around 41 or 42 years ago...the condition was so bad that a local dealer (tired to see me around each saturday and sunday of the year for at least an hour and a half, asking questions) accepted to sell me the edelweiss only and told me to help myself with the unstitching.
    Thanks

German army sleeve edelweiss

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Just to help the OP out, here is one I have that was also tunic removed.
    It DOES have a thinner rope than JP's example but still look at the quality of the embroidery.... that is what he was driving at.

German army sleeve edelweiss German army sleeve edelweiss
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for the info folks. I’ve come to regret the purchase, I bought it from Hiscolls and I think I’ll keep an eye out for a better (authentic) example. Again thanks for the info and the photos of original examples.

Quote by terrance171 View Post
    Thanks for the info folks. I’ve come to regret the purchase, I bought it from Hiscolls and I think I’ll keep an eye out for a better (authentic) example. Again thanks for the info and the photos of original examples.
    Don't sweat it -we ALL have a drawer ( or box ) of "shame" ...... otherwise none would learn.
    Cheers, Dan
    Last edited by Danmark; 07-03-2022 at 12:07 PM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Why don't you contact him and send it back for a refund? Hiscoll's Mario is a legit dealer I'm sure he would not make a problem.

Thanks, for the suggestion. I had thought about it but the window for me to send it back has passed. I didn't scrutinize it too much until I purchased it because he has an excellent rep. Ultimately I've decided to keep it because it wasn't a huge loss and I am going to keep it where I can see it to remind myself the importance of research, too avoid jumping the gun on future purchases.

Thanks again to everyone for your insights and comments, forums are one of the best sources of info thanks to the members.