Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German Coastal Artillery Tropical Tunic

Article about: As a young, novice WW2 collector I've been wanting to purchase a German uniform/tunic for some time; however, with the market being flooded with fakes I've been nervous to spend \\$1,000+ on s

Default German Coastal Artillery Tropical Tunic

As a young, novice WW2 collector I've been wanting to purchase a German uniform/tunic for some time; however, with the market being flooded with fakes I've been nervous to spend $1,000+ on something that could potentially be a worthless reproduction I've heard great things about Bill Shea and The Ruptured Duck and recently came across this German Coastal Artillery Officer's Tunic on the site. I honestly know very little about German uniforms/cloth items and would like to get some opinions on the authenticity of the item before I consider making a purchase. The description also states that breast eagle is original, but has been reapplied to the tunic.

Any opinions, advice, and comments are greatly appreciated as I've been longing to add something like this to my collection, Thanks!

German Coastal Artillery Tropical TunicGerman Coastal Artillery Tropical Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Coastal Artillery Tropical Tunic
    P
    Many

I would agree with Bills description that the breast eagle is reapplied, as well as the award loops.
    Rather pricey for a basic coastal artillery uniform, in my view.
    Morris

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I would agree with Bills description that the breast eagle is reapplied, as well as the award loops.
    Rather pricey for a basic coastal artillery uniform, in my view.
    Morris
    Thanks for the response! Do you have any recommendations for a lower level tunic/uniform for a newer collector? This is the cheapest WW2 German military uniform I've come across as most I see are at least $800+

Kriegsmarine Parade Jackets are usually not that expensive and sit around 500 or 600, basic Boatswain uniforms a little less. Fire Police Tunics are probably one of the cheapest you can find or an infantry waffenrock usually sit around 700-800 as do some Luftwaffe signal and flak tunics.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Kriegsmarine Parade Jackets are usually not that expensive and sit around 500 or 600, basic Boatswain uniforms a little less. Fire Police Tunics are probably one of the cheapest you can find or an infantry waffenrock usually sit around 700-800 as do some Luftwaffe signal and flak tunics.
    Thanks for the information! I was close to buying an infantry waffenrock a couple days ago but of course it sold before I could get to it

Also, perhaps this is a simple or dumb question to ask as I've never purchased any cloth/uniform related items, but why does this tunic appear to be more lightweight or thinner than other tropical tunics I've seen? I've come across other tropical tunics and almost all that I've seen have appeared to be thicker than this one. Any additional information and opinions on the tunic are also much appreciated, thanks!