Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German Officer Tunic Original???

Article about: Hi all, I'm looking to purchase my first WW2 German tunic and have found a officers one I'm interested in, it looks like it has some age to me it has a dagger pocket hole but the trap and cl

Default German Officer Tunic Original???

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase my first WW2 German tunic and have found a officers one I'm interested in, it looks like it has some age to me. it has a dagger pocket hole but the strap and clip are missing, lacks a tailors label and the cuffs look modified. Am I correct in thinking the officers cuffs were a 'rolled back' style like the M36?

I have provided some photos below, is the tunic genuine?? please let me know what you guys think, any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
    Harry

German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???German Officer Tunic Original???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Officer Tunic Original???
    P
    Many

?

Not an expert but the Breast Eagle looks off to me, and I believe the EKII is usually on the 3rd button instead of the 2nd, but i might be wrong about that.

Hope you get an answer from someone with some more knowledge soon.

I saw this on Ebay as well. It is much cheaper than usual so that's a bit suspicious...but it looks alright to me. I agree that the eagle is a bit funky. Better wait for more experienced collector's opinions. No French cuffs but this could be a fashion choice by the officer, or it was a higher-grade gabardine NCO tunic before upgraded to officer.

-Joel