MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German trench coat, real or repro

Article about: Hello, Here is a german trench coat. I don't know if it is original or a repro the seller says it is an original US veteran bring back and I am not too experienced with German uniforms. Any

?

Default German trench coat, real or repro

Hello,
    Here is a german trench coat. I don't know if it is original or a repro the seller says it is an original US veteran bring back and I am not too experienced with German uniforms. Any suggestions?
    Sorry these are not my photos, they are just the ones provided by the seller.
    Thanks in advance
    Daniel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German trench coat, real or repro   German trench coat, real or repro  

German trench coat, real or repro   German trench coat, real or repro  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German trench coat, real or repro
    P
    Many

This is a Mantel. It would not be known as a trench coat. The insignia rank on the Shulterklappen is for a Hauptmann or Captain. 13 is a unit marking. It appears to be a model '36 Greatcoat with dark green collar and French cuffs. Photos are a bit fuzzy but it exhibits all the proper details for a period coat. The lining and trimmed hem are of of higher quality construction than a regular issue overcoat. I only have the EM/NCO examples so defer to others with more knowledge. Neil

?

Thank you for the help and yes they are not good quality photos.
    Thanks,
    Daniel

Looks OK. Check inside the liner pocket for a possible owner name/tailor name label on the dagger hanger side. The label may have been removed, but these personally tailored pieces had labels in the pocket as well as at the neck lining.

?

Thanks, can't tell if there is a name. I just remembered the seller also said that there was a dagger still in it when they found/recived it.
    Thanks again for the help,
    Daniel

?

Default Whearmact '36 mantel

My whearmact '36 mantel has arrived. I can't tell if it is original or a good quality reproduction. No markings except on the dagger clip and the buttons. It looks allmost in too good condition, however there are some signs of wear and moth damage. The shoulder tabs do look original though. There is an elastic band which seems to be a recent addition because there are broken threads from a previous piece. The seller said that it was a US veteran bring back. Any thoughts or opinions?
    Thanks in advance,
    Daniel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German trench coat, real or repro   German trench coat, real or repro  

?

I was also wondering if anyone knew if the 13 is a infantry regiment, division, company type of organization. Thanks

Hello,

The IIIBtn IR 13 pre war was stationed in Ulm Germany.

Fred

Hello,

Your overcoat appears to be a nice period original to me that somebody did a terrible job of putting on shoulder boards.

Fred

?

Thanks, I was thinking that the shoulder boards could have been added later but wasn't sure. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Daniel