Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German tropical Tunic

Article about: Hello everyone, what do you think of this jacket? In my opinion, everything is correct, but I would like to confirm. Thank you for your answers.

Default German tropical Tunic

Hello everyone, what do you think of this tunic? In my opinion, everything is correct, but I would like to confirm, it's a artillery tropical tunic. Thank you for your answers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German tropical Tunic   German tropical Tunic  

German tropical Tunic   German tropical Tunic  

German tropical Tunic   German tropical Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German tropical Tunic
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It's not a tropical tunic, it's a private purchase or locally made lightweight tunic.
    Tropical tunics do have an open collar and five closure buttons only.
    From these not so great photos, i see no red flag
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Sorry I don't quite understand what it means lightweight tunic, it would be for someone assigned to the Afrika Korps, I can't find tunics like this on the internet or information about them

Quote by SilluAgain View Post
    Sorry I don't quite understand what it means lightweight tunic, it would be for someone assigned to the Afrika Korps, I can't find tunics like this on the internet or information about them
    Hello,
    Lightweight tunic means a tunic shaped like a woolen Feldbluse but made of lighter material than wool, like cotton for example or erstaz of cotton of course. I doubt that the Officer who had this tunic made has been assigned to the DAK in Afrika.
    It's weird that you can't find anything on lightweight tunics on the Internet, i mean they're everywhere, i own two myself, one for an Officier and one for an Unteroffizier.

According to the Lexikon der Wehrmacht, the Artillerie-Regiment 203 was created in October 1944.
    There was also a Sturmgeschütze Abteilung 203 (in this case the tunic was made for walking out) but in 1941, it was located at Jüterborg and was sent to the Ostfront.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by SilluAgain View Post
    Hello Sillu,

Here is a side-by-side example of what JP is referring to as a lightweight tunic versus a typical wool feldbluse. I've taken a photo to show the contrast between the thick "M40" 5-button tunic wool, and the lightweight woven cotton fabric of the summer garment. JP is incredibly knowledgeable, and can probably tell you far more than I can.

Note that the private purchase lightweight garment is sparse on the inside, with no lining, belt hook eyelets, internal pockets, etc. This is often the case with this type of garment.

These lightweight (often referred to as "summer tunics") feldblusen can be made from a variety of fabrics in a variety of colors. I've seen them constructed out of everything from captured tent canvas to shoddy ersatz cotton. Hope this is helpful.

-DF

German tropical Tunic
    German tropical Tunic
    German tropical Tunic
    German tropical Tunic

Thank you both for your elaborate answer, I still have a lot to learn