Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german uniforms in films

Article about: Ex Soviet films studios actually used original stuff, watch this thread http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/german...n-films-82613/

Default german uniforms in films

hi men,ive just watched private ryan (AGAIN)
    being not very clued up on uniforms and lids how close are these to the originals, what you see in films and good tv shows like band of brothers the pacific etc and what happens to all the uniforms after the extras have worn them and has anyone you no been an extra in something like this

sorry if ive posted in the wrong section
    many thanks adam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german uniforms in films
    P
    Many

Default Re: german uniforms in films

depending on production they keep them, but most sell them. Both movies did a good job IMO. How ever when you get closer look at them they are bit different. some of gear is made by rubber foam. It cheap and just need to look the part. it does not matter if they cant be used for what they are meant to do.

Have a look at 'propstore.com', they have a lot of the props from The Pacific and a few from BoB (and a few other war films). If you Google 'props for sale' it will bring up other companies selling similar props. Most props/uniforms are owned by companies who rent them out on a regular basis to film companies.
    As you can see on propstore.com the props are good but don't stand up to close inspection, however, they don't need to as they are usually on screen for a matter of moments and in the background. Most people are interested in what's going on in the film rather than what the characters are wearing. The main cast will have better uniforms and equipment, including real or replica weapons and CGI plays a big part in battle scenes and injuries.

?

Here in England ,many of the costumes used in SPR and BOB were supplied by a costume house called Angels, which supplies vast amounts of period costumes for many TV and film productions, ive had to be there for a fitting for a film and i saw the racks of American uniforms used for both films as well as the German uniforms, a few of my friends who were in SPR managed to come away with bits of uniforms and some helmets, and for the most part were replicas but there were actually a few real helmets used but obviously repainted, The weapons were , i believe supplied by a company called Babtys, and also those not required to fire were rubber, made in the props depts, Babtys were also the company that supplied a great deal of the Martini henry rifles in ZULU, they used to have a load of the spears and shields from the film

This was an interesting thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...es-dare-15378/

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Gday Fella's
    This is my BoB Heer Artillery Kanonier M43 Tunic.
    The last time you see it it's on one of the 88 crew when Spiers makes his run across the courtyard in episode 7 "Breaking Point".Paid 65 pound for it.
    As I do not own an original I was wondering what's your call guys on the authenticity of this prop.
    I read somewhere that 2000 odd uniforms were made for this production.
    The art department production minutes are interesting reading.

german uniforms in filmsgerman uniforms in filmsgerman uniforms in filmsgerman uniforms in films

Sorry about the order of the images.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 01-08-2012 at 06:51 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Gday Fella's
    This is my BoB Heer Artillery Kanonier M43 Tunic.
    The last time you see it it's on one of the 88 crew when Spiers makes his run across the courtyard in episode 7 "Breaking Point".Paid 65 pound for it.
    As I do not own an original I was wondering what's your call guys on the authenticity of this prop.
    I read somewhere that 2000 odd uniforms were made for this production.
    The art department production minutes are interesting reading.

german uniforms in filmsgerman uniforms in filmsgerman uniforms in filmsgerman uniforms in films

Sorry about the order of the images.
    Ya have a bit of TV/Film history there.

To true Rene,A Piece of the greatest war movie/mini series ever filmed IMO.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Hello,
    I must say that this repro is quite well made. I can see many differences with an original Feldbluse, but i'm happy not to be a young collector anymore...what will happen to all these movie props in some years ?
    With some modifications and used....they could be a danger for many people...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Rest assured mine will always be only a momento of BoB and nothing more or less.
    Thanks for your reply
    Last edited by Thanatos; 01-10-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: context

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast