Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

is this a good m42 tunic?>

Article about: Originele M42 Duitse Wehrmacht uniform vest - Te koop | 2dehands.be Originele M42 Duitse Wehrmacht uniform vest - Te koop | 2dehands.be Hello everybody I want to purchase this tunic , but on

?

Default Re: is this a good m42 tunic?>

I think if you like it buy it. This to me is a nice salty example, and has nice character. I have many mint tunics, but prefer the salty ones ..... they have the look. So if it is cheap enough, and you like it.....buy it. Do not worry about investment pieces, just enjoy and buy what you like.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is this a good m42 tunic?>
    P
    Many

It is authentic but as stated very worn. You can see very heavy wear on the wool. If it is affordable it could make a good starter piece. NH

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    In my opinion, you should let this one go...not saying it's a a repro of course, because it's not...but did you really see the condition of this item....even if the price is cheap, is there in interest to purchase such an item ?
    I dont think so, sorry...

the question that any collector should ask to himself is : Am i collecting cheap prices or "serviceable" german items that i can be proud of ?

What are you going to do with it if you purchase it ?
    unstitch insignia and use it to set up a mannequin of PoW who has already spent three years behind barbed wires ?
    (with relic M43 pants, relic ankle boots and relic Einheitsfeldmütze, you can make a nice realistic set up....with an old slice of bread in one hand and a bare metal messkit in the other, it would be perfect...)

Dont get me wrong please, i dont want to be rude, just trying to help out like i do with my few friends, with humor, but always telling what has to be told....just saying that a collector who wants to "grow up" safely in this hobby has to make choices from the beginning...and set up some criteria for his collection.

Thanks
    I want to thank everybody for his input. Even philip :-) hahahaha

If the price is right and you like it, then the choice is yours to make. Salty and well used is good IMO and at least you know it was there, rather than some mint example that sat in a wardrobe or stores for the duration. I have mint and salty items in my collection and both have their place and are welcome for different reasons. If your buying as an investment, mint is probably a better bet, but if your collecting to have items representative of the period, then used/salty might be better and are often much cheaper.

I also think that there is a new breed of collectors that prefer the been there feel/look of salty items, just witness the interest in relic helmets and other items. The knowledge that something was there is part of the joy of collecting and named items in a used condition are the best IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I totally agree
    I collect for myself. Not for profit. Not this item though.
    Thanks. Now i know the dealer is serious.
    Regards
    Mistervanels

I would be very happy with this tunic if the price is right. German tunics in very good condition are too expensive for many collectors, and this would make a good representative piece for a budget collection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2