Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HBT tunic insignia period applied?

Article about: Hi all. Looking for thoughts on this tunic! I believe the eagle is post war applied but am seeking confirmation and any and all thoughts before potential purchase. The setup is not badly pri

Default HBT tunic insignia period applied?

(Updated photos in thread)

Hi all. Looking for thoughts on this tunic! I believe the eagle is post war applied but am seeking confirmation and any and all thoughts before potential purchase. Looks like collars and repairs (patches) are period? No markings shared with me.

The setup is not badly priced, but am curious what the current value of the tunic minus the eagle would be if anyone could enlighten; would help me formulate an offer.

I’m on the fence with this one; wait for something more untouched, or jump on a good deal.

Any info is appreciated; I know little about HBT’s.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HBT tunic insignia period applied?   HBT tunic insignia period applied?  

HBT tunic insignia period applied?   HBT tunic insignia period applied?  

HBT tunic insignia period applied?  
    Last edited by MilitariaMatt; 05-23-2019 at 10:29 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HBT tunic insignia period applied?
    P
    Many

Hmmm. With all those patches maybe you should look for something a bit better. Anyone looking will want to see a better interior photo of the Brust Adler. NH

RMD
    ?

Greetings.

.. It's hard for me to do the research because I don't know what kind of tunic it is that you are looking at. An M40? M43? M36? My knowledge in this area is limited. But, I'll keep looking. I'll check back later, and if you don't have the answer yet, I'll do my best to narrow it down.

For now, here are some original eagle patches for comparison.

Good luck on the quest

HBT tunic insignia period applied?HBT tunic insignia period applied?HBT tunic insignia period applied?

RMD
    ?

One more thing to think about when you ask, should I wait for a better one, or jump on this one.

.. It really depends on how much you are willing to accept. For instance, I am hunting for an early NSDAP banner with the static swastika. But, I have absolutely no problem accepting one that is less than perfect. Missing the tie-rings, the unit patch. Even with these imperfections, I will be just as happy to have it as I would be to own a perfect one. Now, with other items, I would not feel this way, and would want the most intact, mint example. But, I admire this type of banner so much, a few imperfections really changes nothing for me.

So, if you really like the way this looks and it turns out to be an original, and it satisfies your needs, even though it may be less than perfect, then I say, JUMP on it and enjoy.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Hmmm. With all those patches maybe you should look for something a bit better. Anyone looking will want to see a better interior photo of the Brust Adler. NH
    Thank you! Slipped my mind to ask! Vendor has photos coming in a few hours of eagle interior.

Hello, one of mine :

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

@RMD - thank you so much! I believe the eagle is authentic. But to my eyes it looks like a cut off that was cut really short to the edge stitching. And when it comes to the quality point, that’s a good one as well! I’ve always preferred items with obvious wear, and am usually lower end budget wise, so my thoughts are very similar to your flag situation.

I think this has just enough wear that it’s still a somewhat nice display piece (and patches do look period done). Luckily with no moth holes it won’t look too too much like a homeless mannequin setup with patches to the rear.

Will post more photos as soon as I get them. Am certain we’ll know right away about the eagle.

Updated photos of eagle and interior behind eagle further comments appreciated!

I’ve discovered that these are usually machine applied and rarely a first pattern eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HBT tunic insignia period applied?   HBT tunic insignia period applied?  

Last edited by MilitariaMatt; 05-24-2019 at 03:33 AM.

RMD
    ?

Quote by MilitariaMatt View Post
    @RMD - thank you so much! I believe the eagle is authentic. But to my eyes it looks like a cut off that was cut really short to the edge stitching. And when it comes to the quality point, that’s a good one as well! I’ve always preferred items with obvious wear, and am usually lower end budget wise, so my thoughts are very similar to your flag situation.

I think this has just enough wear that it’s still a somewhat nice display piece (and patches do look period done). Luckily with no moth holes it won’t look too too much like a homeless mannequin setup with patches to the rear.

Will post more photos as soon as I get them. Am certain we’ll know right away about the eagle.
    ... Yeah, I'm with you on the tunic making a nice display piece. I mean, it was there, in the thick of it, and it survived till this day. I think it looks great. I searched for a match but couldn't find one. Though, lebus12 posted his, and to my eyes, seems to be a match for yours. Also, I agree that the eagle is good.

Hell, if the price is right, and you are happy with it, go for it Everything looks authentic to me.

Hello,
    The Drillichrock itself is ok, breast eagle and Litzen look reapplied to me.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast