Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer HBT Uniforms

Article about: I just got in a super mint pair of un-issued Heer HBT trousers, so I thought tonight would be HBT night in the war room. It also gave me a chance to display one of my favorite tunics, a Spie

TWS
    ?

Default Heer HBT Uniforms

I just got in a super mint pair of un-issued Heer HBT trousers, so I thought tonight would be HBT night in the war room. It also gave me a chance to display one of my favorite tunics, a Spiess in a Jaeger (light infantry) unit . It's one of my favorites because it is one of only two tunics in my collection that I have photos of the soldier who wore it. It is the only one that I have a picture of the soldier wearing that very tunic. I also set up my Oberfunker HBT tunic which is pretty neat in its own right. Hard to see in a "photo of a photo" but in the photo where the Spiess is wearing the M43 cap, he is wearing this actual tunic. Seems like he was in the Balkans. I don't know who he is or his unit other than he signed one of the photos "Your Fredi" on the back. First name was therefore probably Friedrich. The ribbon bar and wound badge are also ostensibly his.

Heer HBT UniformsHeer HBT UniformsHeer HBT UniformsHeer HBT UniformsHeer HBT UniformsHeer HBT UniformsHeer HBT UniformsHeer HBT UniformsHeer HBT Uniforms

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer HBT Uniforms
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

More and showing the period photos.Heer HBT UniformsHeer HBT UniformsHeer HBT UniformsHeer HBT UniformsHeer HBT Uniforms

Really nice looking display you have there and those pictures make it more nicer.

What can be said ? Fantastic again !! HBT tunics are underappreciated...but I like them. They were worn more than what period photos disclose. Just noticed the HBT boards on the EM tunic. Quite rare indeed.
    D.
    Last edited by real steel; 08-19-2018 at 09:30 PM.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Allgemeine View Post
    Really nice looking display you have there and those pictures make it more nicer.
    Thank-you! I purchased the tunic w/photos in person and went over it with the seller. After careful examination, I came to the conclusion that it is definitely the tunic in at least one of the photos and knew I had to have it. It's a wild feeling to behold the tunic and look at a photo from 1944 and see that tunic back in 1944. Like a time machine.

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    What can be said ? Fantastic again !! HBT tunics are underappreciated...but I like them. They were worn more than what period photos disclose. Just noticed the HBT boards on the EM tunic. Quite rare indeed.
    D.
    Thank-you David. I have really come to like HBT's. Funny, as years ago I wasn't all that into them and preferred wool examples. I even had a nice HBT that I sold back then.

Good eye, and you are absolutely right. Those HBT boards on the signals tunic are fairly hard to come by.

I have had a couple of these during my tunic days. Here is a pic of one found in an attic of the house next door to where Ken & I rented in Turqueville (Normandy) a few years ago. Made an offer, the home owner would not part with any of it. There is Mikey looking to blow his fingers off
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer HBT Uniforms  

TWS
    ?

Really cool. I remember there was a militaria shop right on the main drag in Ste. Mere-Eglise, a block or two from the church. When I was in Bastogne on a staff ride with the officers of my armor battalion for the 50th anniversary of the Bulge, many of the shops in the center of town had decorated their display windows with relics. Ammo crates, shell casings, helmets, canteens, gas mask canisters. Some of it American, but most German. Unfortunately being on an official trip I had no time to see if any of it could be purchased! When we went to the ceremony and reenactor parade in the town center, I did receive kisses from a couple lovely Belgian ladies so that partly made up for it.

We have a house rented for the 75th D-Day anniversary next June. I want to go, my back is messed up. The thought of a 7 hour flight is putting me in spasms as I write this. It maybe my last chance to re-visit. Not sure what to do. Really pathetic getting old
    D.

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    We have a house rented for the 75th D-Day anniversary next June. I want to go, my back is messed up. The thought of a 7 hour flight is putting me in spasms as I write this. It maybe my last chance to re-visit. Not sure what to do. Really pathetic getting old
    D.
    I hear you on the getting old part, but carpe diem!
    I hope your back is better in time. I've only been once, in 2002 and would love to do it at least once more in my lifetime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast