Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Infantry oberleutnant tunic Opinions

Article about: After the successful purchase of my first visor I'm spurred on to look for the rest of the uniform. This tunic is the correct rank that I'm looking for. as a whole it looks good/period to me

Default Heer Infantry oberleutnant tunic Opinions

After the successful purchase of my first visor I'm spurred on to look for the rest of the uniform.

This tunic is the correct rank that I'm looking for. as a whole it looks good/period to me, the pictures not quite good enough to see the insignia stitching though.

I would like your opinions on it before I go for it.

I may be travelling to abroad next month so might be able to see it in person/get some more pictures.

Pictures to follow

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Infantry oberleutnant tunic Opinions
    P
    Many

Looks fine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Got a few more pictures

Not seen the metal tangs on the collar before, can anyone tell me what they are for?
    Surely the neck would not be a comfortable place to have something like that?

All seems good, too good if anything!

Heer Infantry oberleutnant tunic OpinionsHeer Infantry oberleutnant tunic OpinionsHeer Infantry oberleutnant tunic Opinions
    Last edited by Tim49980; 05-10-2017 at 08:36 PM.

The metal studs on the collar are to hold the neck liner band in place.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Price agreed on. Money has been sent, fingers crossed for it to arrive safely now.
    Thanks for your input Adrian.

Hello,
    It is the type of privately purchased tunic made until 1941, with five buttons front closure (after they have six). The condition is great.
    From the photos provided, the shoulderboards have a chance to be originally sewn to the tunic, check it when you receive it...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

It all looks very original to me, can't see any signs of restitching.

Regarding the award loops, I'm at a bit of a loss, wondering if you chaps can shed some light.

Why would there be four loops for a ribbon bar? Or is it for a close combat spange?

The two loops on the pocket could be for many things (I'm assuming the loop distance would be the same from an iron cross to an injury badge?)

Then there is one lone loop, what's this for? Has its brother gone missing?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Infantry oberleutnant tunic Opinions   Heer Infantry oberleutnant tunic Opinions  

Heer Infantry oberleutnant tunic Opinions