Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Heer and Luftwaffe General officer uniforms and insignia

Article about: Hello everyone! I would like to start a tread about the Heer and Luftwaffe General officer uniforms and insignia. Everybody who has any clear photos of the uniforms and closeup photos of the

?

Default Heer and Luftwaffe General officer uniforms and insignia

Hello everyone! I would like to start a tread about the Heer and Luftwaffe General officer uniforms and insignia. Everybody who has any clear photos of the uniforms and closeup photos of the insignia (collar and sleeve tabs, shoulderboards) please post them here. The uniform owners can post the photos of their uniforms. In such case please take the pictures of the insignia the way they are taken by Michael Holverson of the Marshal's Baton (no need to say you shouldn't post HIS pictures here). It must be something like this:

1. The shoulderboard of Generalmajor Hellmuth Hiepe (War Relics).
    2. The collar tab of an unknown General (Andreas Thies).
    3. The breast eagle from the summer tunic of GFM von Bock(Andreas Thies).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer and Luftwaffe General officer uniforms and insignia   Heer and Luftwaffe General officer uniforms and insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer and Luftwaffe General officer uniforms and insignia
    P
    Many

Hi Makoff, how did this tread go? Can it see anything else on this page. Anyway, the Litze is beautiful, have a pair of them myself. I have collected General rank on and off for quote a while, just love seeing generals Militaria, not that keen on the Luftwaffe tho.

?

I have got up to a thousand good quality pics of that kind I retrieved from the web in some past ten years, but as noone seems to be interested in the stuff, I don't post them here. Though many Larish pattern tabs are really unique and one-of-the-kind.

Hi Makoff, thank you very much for the reply, if you have some spare time could you be kind enough to send me some pics,
    Do you collect Generals rank to? Mikes web site is so informative and he is so helpful and a fellow collector. thanks again.

Default Reichswehr General Larisch

This might be of some interest here too...

The distinctive collar insignia for German generals from the Kaiser era until today is known as 'Larischstickerei', which means 'Larisch stitch' in German. The namesake Larisch is from the last commander of the Prussian 26th infantry regiment Johannes von Larisch, and the pattern was originally featured as the button hole ornament (hence the button hole shape in the middle) for the regimental uniform. In 1900, Kaiser Wilhelm II decreed it as the official collar insignia for the Prussian Generals and it has been used subsequently by the Reichsheer, the Wehrmacht, the Natonales Volksarmee(DDR) and the Bundeswehr today.

Source:- Rhie Seunghun, ‘The Collection Room’.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer and Luftwaffe General officer uniforms and insignia  

?

Thanks to everyone present for waking up this thread. I'm really very interessed in clearing up the history of the Larisch-pattern collar tabs. Which were in their origin 'von Kleist' tabs, but that doesn't matter. You just look at them and you can luckily only imagine what it took to get them... This particular beauty looks like it was made without any cardboard underlay at all
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer and Luftwaffe General officer uniforms and insignia  

CBH
    ?

I wasn't sure about these reopened old treads , but if they bring back old members I'm all for it .

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    This might be of some interest here too...

The distinctive collar insignia for German generals from the Kaiser era until today is known as 'Larischstickerei', which means 'Larisch stitch' in German. The namesake Larisch is from the last commander of the Prussian 26th infantry regiment Johannes von Larisch, and the pattern was originally featured as the button hole ornament (hence the button hole shape in the middle) for the regimental uniform. In 1900, Kaiser Wilhelm II decreed it as the official collar insignia for the Prussian Generals and it has been used subsequently by the Reichsheer, the Wehrmacht, the Natonales Volksarmee(DDR) and the Bundeswehr today.

Source:- Rhie Seunghun, ‘The Collection Room’.
    Outstanding Bob, I actually never knew that. Many thanks for your input

Quote by makoff View Post
    Thanks to everyone present for waking up this thread. I'm really very interessed in clearing up the history of the Larisch-pattern collar tabs. Which were in their origin 'von Kleist' tabs, but that doesn't matter. You just look at them and you can luckily only imagine what it took to get them... This particular beauty looks like it was made without any cardboard underlay at all
    Sorry... but I do not understand what you are referring too regarding " Von Kleist "

These tabs seem to be "raised " so they could have Unterlagen, as this was also a guide to stich too. There is usually a card board backing to these tabs, but often removed to make wearing the tunic more comfortable.
    Here is another link bought back to life from abzeichen.
    generals collar tabs

If you want to see many more postings on Generals tunics and insignia then WAF forum is the place to go. Happy hunting.