Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer M40 tunic to an Unteroffizier, Inf.Rgt.186

Article about: Hello friends, I would appreciate any opinions on this tunic I'm considering, along with another, for purchase (I'll put the other up later). I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it, bu

?

Default Heer M40 tunic to an Unteroffizier, Inf.Rgt.186

Hello friends,

I would appreciate any opinions on this tunic I'm considering, along with another, for purchase (I'll put the other up later). I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it (see below), but just to be sure I submit it for your sharper eyes to judge.
    Some little things that do stand out: it is supplied with a photograph (last picture below) purporting to show the original owner at the rank of gefreiter in the same tunic. Now, the photos is dated to 1944, and the tunic has yet to be modified to the M36 style collar and insignia, as it appears currently. So, that would mean it was modified after 1944, which is also when he was presumably promoted, received the EK1, wound badge, Krim shield, shooting lanyard, etc. Of course, it's also entirely possible the other awards were added post-war to jazz things up. I also note that the shoulder boards in the photo appear to be sewn on, rather than slip-on.

(PS. I take it I should post each of the medals separately in the awards forum for authentication, just to be certain?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M40 tunic to an Unteroffizier, Inf.Rgt.186
    P
    Many

?

Anyone care to comment? This one is on my short-list for an upcoming auction and I would like to be sure of it.

Tunic itself is original. It looks like the insignia is replaced.

I doubt it is the same tunic as shown in the photo.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Adrian. In fairness, the advertisement states that the collar tabs and shoulder boards have been replaced. I agree it's unlikely that the tunic in the photo is the same one.

All in all, would you have this tunic in your collection as you see it?

I could live with it.

As ever, all down to price.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Well, it's up for auction, so as we all know the price can balloon quite rapidly. I shall post the other one and see what people think of it.

Hello,
    That's a nice Feldbluse 1933 modified 1940. It is impossible to say if the period photo shows the same tunic...
    This Feldbluse has been fitted to the soldier who wore it, the full collar was replaced for a longer and pointed one, imitating some Officer's collar. The shoulderstraps are not regulation, but private purchases. The Hoheitsabzeichen is the one meant for the Officer's Waffenrock. Considering this features, plus the reworked lining at the shoulders, one can say that this Feldbluse was without a doubt meant for the walking out dress...this one most probably never saw combat...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    That's a nice Feldbluse 1933 modified 1940. It is impossible to say if the period photo shows the same tunic...
    This Feldbluse has been fitted to the soldier who wore it, the full collar was replaced for a longer and pointed one, imitating some Officer's collar. The shoulderstraps are not regulation, but private purchases. The Hoheitsabzeichen is the one meant for the Officer's Waffenrock. Considering this features, plus the reworked lining at the shoulders, one can say that this Feldbluse was without a doubt meant for the walking out dress...this one most probably never saw combat...
    Thanks
    Yes, I'm considering this for a walking-out/parade display with a nice EM/NCO cap. My other option is for more of a field-grade tunic for a combat display. I'll post that one later for your considered judgement!

Hello,
    I do prefer combat displays but that's my choice, there are some tremendous walking out or parade displays.
    I look forward to see the next one you're going to post.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    I do prefer combat displays but that's my choice, there are some tremendous walking out or parade displays.
    I look forward to see the next one you're going to post.
    Thanks
    Thanks JPhilip - I've posted the other one now, if you'd like to take a look.