Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer M43 Oberfeldwebel's Feldbluse- Modified to M36

Article about: Hi guys, I offered a trade for this tunic yesterday, and while he is mulling it over, I figured I should ask for other opinions of it. It is an M43 pattern tunic which has been modified to r

Default Heer M43 Oberfeldwebel's Feldbluse- Modified to M36

Hi guys,

I offered a trade for this tunic yesterday, and while he is mulling it over, I figured I should ask for other opinions of it.

It is an M43 pattern tunic which has been modified to resemble an M36. I am having a hard time telling if this was a wartime modification or not. Could I please get your thoughts on this piece, gentlemen?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M43 Oberfeldwebel's Feldbluse- Modified to M36   Heer M43 Oberfeldwebel's Feldbluse- Modified to M36  

Heer M43 Oberfeldwebel's Feldbluse- Modified to M36   Heer M43 Oberfeldwebel's Feldbluse- Modified to M36  

Heer M43 Oberfeldwebel's Feldbluse- Modified to M36   Heer M43 Oberfeldwebel's Feldbluse- Modified to M36  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M43 Oberfeldwebel's Feldbluse- Modified to M36
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer M43 Oberfeldwebel's Feldbluse- Modified to M36

Hi Mo, you are correct, it is an M43, but with the addition of dark green badge cloth to the collar. This was a popular practise, especially with NCO's who desired a smarter look. As you can see the breast eagle and shoulder straps have been upgraded too to complete the look.

I am learning towards this being a restoration. Something has been going on around the breast eagle: is that traces of glue? The tunic has seen a fair amount of wear going by the lack of knap to the wool, and I don't think this is wholly reflected by the condition of the eagle and shoulder straps.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi, the tunic looks a little to messed with for my likeing although it is all original.If you are happy with what you have offerd then it's a good deal,i would not want to be paying to much for one in this condition though.Good luck with it!!

Hi guys, many thanks for your replies. I offered the owner these two caps for the tunic:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...halfar-216180/
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...or-cap-216158/

He said that he is considering the offer. In the meantime, are there specific photos that I could request that would give you gentlemen a better idea of what exactly is going on with this tunic? I will ask about the glue around the breast eagle.

Hi Mo, both caps do have small issues, re the non standard cap badge and lack of sweatband. So that lowers the values. But offered against a restored tunic, I think overall it is fair.

Look at the collar tress, especially to the collar points. Where it's make the turn, it is rather sloppy in application. I am convinced the tunic is restored.

It is all down to can you live with this? I know you badly want a tunic.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for your opinions. I am happy with a restored M36, seeing as how I actually already got an M43 HBT just a couple of weeks ago. However, perhaps if I point out these things to the owner, I can see if he will be able to throw anything else in with the trade. I'll see how it goes and keep you posted.

Thanks again!

Hello,
    One of these items that need a close inspection in hands before trading it or not.
    I do have a strange feeling concerning this Feldbluse...i'm perhaps mistaking but i feel like this could be an abused condition Feldbluse that has been reworked to get a second life on the collection market...
    Dont you think that the waist pockets flaps look weird ?....one even looks darker than the wool of the Feldbluse
    The field dressing pocket is attached on the wrong front panel on the Feldbluse, why ?
    better and closer photos would be needed here....my advice would be to wait before trading this Feldlbuse and get these photos first (collar attachment, collar in and out etc....)
    Shoulderstraps are privately purchased and look brand new...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Well spotted on the field dressing pouch. It is on the correct side the same as the buttons. I am hoping the pic is reversed?

The lower pockets indeed do look replaced.

Cheers, Ade.

Hmm... I did not notice the lower pockets. Well spotted. I think the field dressing pouch is on the correct side, though. It's just the way it is folded around that makes it look like it's not on the right side.

Thank you, guys, for pointing this stuff out to me. I will ask for better photos of everything.

Mo, save for a clean,un-touched,100% original tunic.I can understand your hurge to build up your collection but consider it like some sort of investment....genuine pieces are difficult enough to sell...let alone an item you won't be happy with from the start!
    The lining is perfect and the tunic itself is OK but I don't like it the least...too many issues....too messed up with!Remember that the faxct that there are so many reworked tunics doesn't necessarily lead to a "dernier cri" fashion amongst German troops....POW's were not only asked to remove eagles from the tunics and caps,very often their tunics collars were removed too,particularly upon their capture and right before being sent to prison camps,to make them look immediately recognizable in case of an escape...it was common practice and it's not another urban legend.
    Be wary when you find a "back-dated" M42/43/44 and focus on items that will remnain collectible in the years to come!
    Cheers
    H

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast