Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Major's summer tunic

Article about: Hello all. After a long wait and some trouble i found an untouched tunic that i like! The tunic belonged to an infantry Major of the 119th regiment.The previous owner did some research and n

?

Default Heer Major's summer tunic

Hello all.
    After a long wait and some trouble i found an untouched tunic that i like!
    The tunic belonged to an infantry Major of the 119th regiment.The previous owner did some research and narrowed down the possible owners to 4 officers.
    The best candidate in my mind is a Major from Stuttgart,who served in Inf.Rgt. 119 (mot) - later Pz.Gren.Rgt. 119
    All of the insignia is machine sewn and original to the tunic,there are award loops for a 6 place ribbon bar,as well as loops for a EK1 on the left and for a DKIG on the right pocket.
    Four holes can be seen as well on the left pocket,possibly for a wound badge and an ISA.
    Overall i'm really happy even with the fact that its a summer tunic and not a winter one(like i wanted in the first place).
    Since this is my very first tunic i would really appreciate all the feedback and comments.
    Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Major's summer tunic   Heer Major's summer tunic  

Heer Major's summer tunic   Heer Major's summer tunic  

Last edited by Ripper; 03-18-2021 at 08:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Major's summer tunic
    P
    Many

?

Some additional photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Major's summer tunic   Heer Major's summer tunic  

Hello,
    This is a decent example of lightweight tunic for Officer. As you say that it's your first tunic and other examples can be seen on the photos, they must be from the seller. Too bad about the damages on the collar and right Litzen. The Hoheitsabzeichen is the type for Waffenrock and has lost its woolen edges...
    Welcome to the world of tunics, Feldblusen and other clothing pieces....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks for the reply JPhilip,actually the photos are from my collection,the tunics on the sides are Bulgarian once.
    The eagles is the thing i liked the most(apart from the shoulder boards),but i would have liked it more if it had the woolen edges.
    I was looking for a high ranking officer tunic and it wasn't easy to find one!
    P.s. i changed those photos as the new once show the color much better.My future display room is still in renovation,but i managed to take a few quick pictures in there.
    Last edited by Ripper; 03-18-2021 at 09:02 PM.

MAP
    ?

Congrats! Finally arrived. I've always loved summer tunics....but I'm sure you've heard me say that so many times! LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Congrats! Finally arrived. I've always loved summer tunics....but I'm sure you've heard me say that so many times! LoL
    Thanks M!
    I could say you pushed me towards the decision to buy this one! lol

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ripper View Post
    Thanks M!
    I could say you pushed me towards the decision to buy this one! lol
    LoL....don't blame me for your weakness LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)