Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Panzer Crew Trousers (manufacturer's name or individual Soldiers name?)

Article about: Greetings all, I have come across a pair of trousers that I believe were meant for WWII German Tank/Assault Gun Crew. On the trousers’ interior is what I believe is ink stamped the name Jo

Default Heer Panzer Crew Trousers (manufacturer's name or individual Soldiers name?)

Greetings all,

I have come across a pair of trousers that I believe were meant for WWII German Tank/Assault Gun Crew. On the trousers’ interior is what I believe is ink stamped the name Johs. Kollmorgan. I assume, that Johs. Is an abbreviation for Johann/Johannes.

I would request your assistance to determine one, if the name ink stamped on these trousers are simply the trouser manufacture’s name (as the purple-ish color of the ink stamped sizing marks are very similar & there is a portion of a second line visible, which may be an indication of the town the manufacturer was located in) or two, if the ink stamped name was the name of the Soldier who once owned these trousers?

Any assistance in determining an answer (i.e. manufacturer versus individual Soldier) and too, any assistance in looking the individual Soldier (if that is the case) up on the German Language forums would be greatly appreciated. My gut feeling is the name in question refers to the trousers' manufacturer and not an individual or trousers' owner.

Many thanks for your valuable time, patience, and assistance,

V/r Lance

Heer Panzer Crew Trousers (manufacturer's name or individual Soldiers name?),
    Heer Panzer Crew Trousers (manufacturer's name or individual Soldiers name?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Panzer Crew Trousers (manufacturer's name or individual Soldiers name?)
    P
    Many

?

Almost certainly a manufacturer’s mark, I would think; especially, as you say, there appears to be an address line underneath.
    I don’t recall ever having seen a soldier’s name ink-stamped into any garment.

TWS
    ?

Most likely the firm producing those trousers under contract.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."