Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Pioneers Majors service dress tunic

Article about: Hi Guys, this tunic came my way this week. It is a really nice high quality tunic in a smart light grey shade of field grey Trikot wool. The insignia is original to the tunic. The litzen and

Default Heer Pioneers Majors service dress tunic

Hi Guys, this tunic came my way this week.

It is a really nice high quality tunic in a smart light grey shade of field grey Trikot wool. The insignia is original to the tunic. The litzen and shoulder boards are certainly originally sewn and are just like you would want them to be. I am pretty certain the breast eagle is too, despite the stitching going through the lining of the tunic. I can see no fading or stitch marks to the exterior. It is a collectors myth about stitching going through the lining. The collar has stud fittings for the white collar liner.

The family have removed the makers label (as this would have bore the Major's name) from the internal pocket. This is common for items coming from Germany.

It shows nice field wear overall. This one has not been kept for best. It has a half belt and dagger hanger to the interior. It is a fairly large size. Buttons, again originally sewn, are marked "Extra Fein". They are silver finish to the shoulder boards and field grey to the front and pockets. It has evidence of one award being pinned to the breast pocket.

Sadly I don't think I can afford to keep it after buying the RLB dagger. (Lez would kill me!) So it will be for sale via our classified ads. I have taken a lot of pics to show how nice it is. Double click on the pics to enlarge them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Pioneers Majors service dress tunic   Heer Pioneers Majors service dress tunic  

Heer Pioneers Majors service dress tunic   Heer Pioneers Majors service dress tunic  

Heer Pioneers Majors service dress tunic   Heer Pioneers Majors service dress tunic  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Pioneers Majors service dress tunic
    P
    Many

That looks a real quality item!....

A real beauty!

?

Is the eagle re-attached post 45 Adrian? It seems to be sewn thru the cloth.

Edit: Sorry i see you have answered my qustion in the first post. My internet is extremly bad here in the mountains, not all text or photos show sometimes.

A lot of these were bought, owing to the high volume and relatively fast need for uniforms by officers, 'off the peg' as generic service branch uniforms (luftwaffe, kreigsmarine, panzer etc.), as they were sold the appropriate branch, rank etc. insignia would be applied at the shop post sale, and also give the opportunity of upgrade the quality of same. It is not unusual for insignia to be sewn through linings at all - despite collectors myths that it is incorrect. A custom fit of a jacket can take ages to fit out properly. Very nice garment, shame you can't keep it.

that's a beauty Ade.

?

Ade
    Have a heart to heart discussion with your lady about what is really important in life and see if she will let you keep it.
    Its worth a try.

MAP
    ?

Ade,

We can all sign a petition on your behalf to your wife explaining why you really need to keep this wonderful item! You may be sleeping on the couch for a while but it's worth a try! :-)

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Now in the classified ads.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I was going to mention that you could store it
    at my place for an indefinite period - I'll even
    pay the postage.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast