Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer schulterklappen für Oberst der Artillerie?

Article about: Do these look good, albeit in used condition? When I searched in the archives I found this nice thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...-tunic-788501/ Why do the shoulder boards on th

Default Heer schulterklappen für Oberst der Artillerie?

Do these look good, albeit in used condition? When I searched in the archives I found this nice thread: Nebeltruppen (Rocket Artillery) Oberst Tunic Why do the shoulder boards on this great looking tunic have "unit numerals" and not these?
    Thank you for your time.
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer schulterklappen für Oberst der Artillerie?   Heer schulterklappen für Oberst der Artillerie?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer schulterklappen für Oberst der Artillerie?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    I see nothing wrong with these shoulderboards, backs are very fresh (as always hidden), fronts are faded but not too much, with rank studs that sit well on the braid. Concerning unit numbers on shoulderboards, they had to be hidden from the enemy, usually with wool or cloth loops slipped through the shoulderboards. Not all Officers had numerals on their shoulderboards, especially not on the frontline. Even at the rear, some used numbered shoulderboards but some others didn't care. With multiple assignments, an Officer should have carried the full range of numerals in his impedimenta in order to replace them each time he was assign to a new unit...
    For Elite formations or units with strong traditions, there were more shoulderboards with numerals (or insignia) worn i guess...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanx, JP. That makes sense. I appreciate this!
    Stig