Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer StuG tab (Rare Skull)

Article about: Here's a neat tab I managed to get off Wehrmacht Awards. I've been wanting a StuG Tab for a long time so I am thrilled to finally get one. I cant wait to get it in the mail...

Default Heer StuG tab (Rare Skull)

Here's a neat tab I managed to get off Wehrmacht Awards. I've been wanting a StuG Tab for a long time so I am thrilled to finally get one. I cant wait to get it in the mail...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer StuG tab (Rare Skull)   Heer StuG tab (Rare Skull)  

Attached Images Attached Images Heer StuG tab (Rare Skull) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer StuG tab (Rare Skull)
    P
    Many

Hello,
    What happened to the second tab visible on the photo from the back ?
    Are they being sold separately ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    What happened to the second tab visible on the photo from the back ?
    Are they being sold separately ?
    Heres a photo of the full group. The one I purchased is the spare
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer StuG tab (Rare Skull)  

Hello again,
    Thanks for your answer, too bad the seller didn't have a spare pair for sale. That's always better to have pairs of things that exist in pair, like tabs, shoulderstraps or Litzen...
    nice dog...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The tab arrived today and it is beautiful! Its at home now with some of my other tabs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer StuG tab (Rare Skull)   Heer StuG tab (Rare Skull)  

CBH
    ?

Nice one, with a rare TK.

?

Congratulations John, that is a rare tab. My understanding is that the TK on the tab is one of the small traditions skulls that started out in use by Kavallerie-Regiment 5 in Reichswehr period then transitioned to panzer units as cavalry became mechanized. Here are some reference photo's of the TK and a link to the thread where it was discussed. Thanks for posting this great artifact.

Al.

Small Danziger Traditions TK

Heer StuG tab (Rare Skull)Heer StuG tab (Rare Skull)
    CREDIT: ROBIN LUMSDEN

CREDIT: CARLSSON1982

Thanks Aldo. I couldn't find any info about the skull other than the picture of it being worn. So I really appreciate the photos and link. I tried looking in my panzer books by Scott Pritchett and there weren't any shown.

?

I'm glad I could help John. I didn't know the origins of the skull when I bought it either until I was enlightened by Sid and an old WAF post by Mr. Lumsden. I have to say that you have an amazing collection based on what I see in your posts. If you maintain this hobby throughout your life you will have amassed an epic museum treasure trove by the time you are my age. Keep posting.

Al