Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer tunic: Dutch re-issue

Article about: Hello folks, Here is a tunic I picked up when I was a young guy in the 1980s. It was a local garage sale and I really lucked out. It is exactly how I received it many years ago. The chevron

?

Default Heer tunic: Dutch re-issue

Hello folks,
    Here is a tunic I picked up when I was a young guy in the 1980s. It was a local garage sale and I really lucked out. It is exactly how I received it many years ago. The chevron was removed and no shoulder boards were present. It definitely has that been there look. Let me know what you guys make of it.
    Best,
    Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer tunic: Dutch re-issue   Heer tunic: Dutch re-issue  

Heer tunic: Dutch re-issue   Heer tunic: Dutch re-issue  

Heer tunic: Dutch re-issue   Heer tunic: Dutch re-issue  

Last edited by Anzel; 05-26-2014 at 05:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer tunic: Dutch re-issue
    P
    Many

?

It is a Dutch tunic, captured and reissued for use by the Wehrmacht. Often these were issued to the volunteers. Try to see if there are traces of a shield on any of the arms.

The eagle is curiously sewn...and curious! Emacieted.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Thank you! I do see the faint outline of a shield on the right sleeve.

?

Looks like a stylized shield was present and about 3 inches wide by 3.5 inches tall.

?

Very interesting, here is some photos of how it could have been with shield attached.

Sadly it is difficult to be 100% certain what volunteers that has been using it. But it is an interesting tunic i would loved to have in my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer tunic: Dutch re-issue  

?

Thank you Trondk for the photos of your tunic with Georgian shield. It is too bad the shield was removed from mine along with chevron. Thank again. I know the outline of the shield was like the one on yours. I realize some shields do not have the ears on the left and right side.
    Are those shoulder boards the ones that came with it?
    Anzel

?

Smile

Yes this is an untouched tunic. I finally got hold of one with the pink coloured shoulderboards, these can be tricky to find.

Now i only need one with the Georgian collartabs aswell, then i will be as happy as a little boy with a new toy!

Edit:

I forgot to ask if you please can take some outside photos of the sleeves, especial were you see the outline of the shield?!

Nice example of as Trondk says Dutch tunic modified for German use this was also done with headgear. There are plenty of pictures of them in the book "Feldbluse" nice one needs some shoulder boards and a lot of these went to second line and volunteer units. Nice find. timothy

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Yes this is an untouched tunic. I finally got hold of one with the pink coloured shoulderboards, these can be tricky to find.

Now i only need one with the Georgian collartabs aswell, then i will be as happy as a little boy with a new toy!

Edit:

I forgot to ask if you please can take some outside photos of the sleeves, especial were you see the outline of the shield?!
    I will try to capture the outline with my camera. It can be seen in person.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast