Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

helmet unsure what it is supposed to be

Article about: G'day , Does anyone have an idea of this helmet. Would like to know if it or what its a copy of. Has had a badge from the front removed. The badge would have been there quite a large one jud

Default helmet unsure what it is supposed to be

G'day , Does anyone have an idea of this helmet. Would like to know if it or what its a copy of. Has had a badge from the front removed. The badge would have been there quite a large one judging by the pin holes. The liner is in good condition but it looks like the crown pad has been replaced. The chinstrap and ear cheek protectors look to have been dyed as they are a dark greyish green colour which is worn in places showing the underlying black. The interior looks old much older than the liner and crown pad, when looking at the crown and brow area dirty mouldy. It has 2 eagle stamps and an rzm stamp. one of the eagle stamps has W ?A 657 within. I take little notice of those as they pop up all over and i wouldn't know what was correct or fake. Was going to be passed in but grabbed it as it reminds me of the italian / Spanish tanker helmets. Any ideas what this is supposed to represent. many thanks Darren
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet unsure what it is supposed to be   helmet unsure what it is supposed to be  

helmet unsure what it is supposed to be   helmet unsure what it is supposed to be  

helmet unsure what it is supposed to be   helmet unsure what it is supposed to be  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmet unsure what it is supposed to be
    P
    Many

Looks similar to an NSKK crash helmet.. I can't speak for the authenticy of the stamps, which I believe were added later..

Just my thoughts

Smitty

thankyou for your info, gives me somewhere to look as I had no idea of what it was.

This crash helmet may have been used post war as a personal helmet or other maybe another official use...

Smitty

Thanks mate, have spent more time searching , came across this site. Helmet, Aviator's Crash Helmet: Italian | Imperial War Museums . They say it is a Italian Aviator's Crash Helmet. It gives not much info if legitimate Italy being Axis would these have been German Manufacture and issued to Italians. Always more questions when a partial answer is found.

I would agree that the helmets were exported to other countries and used by their forces. Since the IWM does not really go into the provenance and explanation as to why it believes this is an Italian Aviator helmet, I also agree that more research needs to be conducted with more solid information.

Smitty