Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help identify this sleeve shield

Article about: I would really appreciate your opinions on what units wore this sleeve shield and is it early 1930's?

Default Help identify this sleeve shield

I would really appreciate your opinions on what units wore this sleeve shield and is it early 1930's?

Help identify this sleeve shieldHelp identify this sleeve shield

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identify this sleeve shield
    P
    Many

Design looks close to the "SCHUMA, Auxiliary Security Branch of the Police" patch. Don't know for sure though.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identify this sleeve shield  

?

That was a weird thing to see. Indeed it looks like a Schuma insignia. So im guessing it is law&order related.

My knowledge quickly gets fragmented when it goes back more than around ww2.

No Schuma connection; it's a state policeman, clearly photographed during the early-Third Reich period prior to the nationwide standardization of police uniforms.

(Sorry, I don't have any more information. I know I've seen an image of these patches in wear before, but I really don't remember where.)

If I had to make a guess, I would say Mecklenburg state police. (They wore twin collar Litzen and shoulder boards of the style seen in the period photopraph and had dark green uniforms (the badgecloth of the patch surely matches the uniform color.)

HPL2008 - Thanks a lot for the information, I really appreciate it.
    I do not collect and have never collected Police items so this is very new to me.
    If you come across any additional information I would very much appreciate you letting me know.