Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help required on this KM set.

Article about: I wonder if anybody can help me with some information please as I am not really up to speed on KM cloth. I have recently picked up this KM group of cap, tunic & trousers. (trousers to fo

Default Help required on this KM set.

I wonder if anybody can help me with some information please as I am not really up to speed on KM cloth. I have recently picked up this KM group of cap, tunic & trousers. (trousers to follow as still in the loft!)

It consists of a kriegsmarine reefer jacket but I can not tell the rank as the sleeve bands have been removed. There is marks that show there were two bands and a sleeve badge once in place.

Could it be a re-issue to a lower rank and is this an early or late style of jacket and cap?

I am very happy with the seller who has offered me a full refund at any time, but I would just like to check that it does not raise any red flags before adding it to my collection.

Any help or information much appreciated.

Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help required on this KM set.   Help required on this KM set.  

Help required on this KM set.   Help required on this KM set.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help required on this KM set.
    P
    Many

Sorry not liking this uniform , to me put together and items don't look original ,wait to see what others think

I'm sorry to say I have to agree, as far as red flags are concerned, this is one big giant red flag waving in the wind. It dosnt look right at all.

It may be something put together for theatrical purposes. The cap might well be a post war British naval cap originally.

I would concur with my forum friends.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,

Both eagles are known reproductions.

Fred

Harry...I very much hope that you are still able to get a refund and return this lot, as,like everyone above has said, it is a very poor repro. The hat, I can personally attest is not right at all. The insignias on both the jacket and the hat are not good. The jacket itself looks quite different from many of the known genuine examples we have shown here on the forum. If you can, immediately begin working on returning this set-the sooner, the better.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi All,

Thanks so much for all your very valuable input and knowledge.
    Yes as I said the seller is a really good guy and gave it to me subject to being checked over. It is now in a box on the way back to him along with the bad news!
    Thanks again for saving the day (and my wallet)
    Cheers.

Our job is done...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes a great job done and what a great forum to be part of. The wonders of the modern age hey and how this game has changed!!